will not start, click under fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrnmrnda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Yukon Denali all stock
turn the key and it will not crank or start, the battery is new. connections seem good, live in desert very low chance of corrosion on terminals

when I turn the key there is a single click under the fuse box under the hood. checked the fuses related to starting with no change, swapped relays with no change, tapped starter and solenoid with no change.

four weeks ago it would not start, then it would start normally. three weeks ago it would start after 3-6 start attempts then two weeks ago it started just fine every time for about a week. Last week it would not start, only single click with no crank or movement on battery needle.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would replace the starter solenoid. I can pm you the info for a member here that is the only place you can get a replacement solenoid. And his price is very reasonable

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had to replace mine as well. My denali never had a stock starter heat sheild which allowed the solenoid to break down. I refused to buy a new starter for almost 200$ when I just needed a simple solenoid

OP
OP
A

adrnmrnda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would appreciate that, is the no crank with a click under the fuse box indicative of a solenoid? Things are much simpler with carbureted engines.

OP
OP
A

adrnmrnda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just went outside to start running through basics again, grounding, connectors, battery charge etc and the vehicle started right up. sounding more and more like a solenoid with a dead spot.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen, it is common on the 6.2. Not sure about other motors. Btw, my solenoid was damaged internally so i had tight connections outside but a bad connection internally when the relay tried to energize the starter.

OP
OP
A

adrnmrnda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so far so good.

replaced the solenoid with a new one and everything seems to work well. Had to remove the sway bay to take the starter out, and buy an E-5 female torx socket. a deep is needed but if you can only find a shallow it will work of you hit a grinding wheel and shave it into shape.

Thanks Brian Wilson for the referral.

solenoids can be purchased from Jesse - email is [email protected]

Carburetor engines are MUCH MUCH easier to wrench on, love those 250/292s.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n