Who is worse Buyers or sellers?

When buying/selling a used vehicle, Who is worse?

• Sellers are worse

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Buyers are worse

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Which ever one is not me

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
The ones that tell me they will be there at X time but don’t show up or are 3 hours late. I get trying to Jew someone down on price even after a tentative agreement. I’ve agreed on a price before based off crappy pics and sellers description to only to walk away from sale or offer less than negotiates price because item was not as described. My time is as rare as a Bigfoot on a unicorn and since I’ve wasted so much time with idiots on Craigslist I refuse anymore. I’ll throw something away, give it away, set it by the street, light it on fire or blow it up before dealing with people. As far as buying from idiots, I usually find if they have multiple items listed they tend to be there when they say and have more of an honest description. Probably due to dealing with idiots on a daily basis.
I have to say my biggest pet peeve is the ones that don’t answer. What the hell are you selling crap for if you aren’t available to answer a phone, text or email? I’ve had people get back to me and say, “sold it yesterday”. That’s nice douchbag, I messaged you 3 days ago!! I’m done with it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The ones that tell me they will be there at X time but don’t show up or are 3 hours late. I get trying to Jew someone down on price even after a tentative agreement. I’ve agreed on a price before based off crappy pics and sellers description to only to walk away from sale or offer less than negotiates price because item was not as described. My time is as rare as a Bigfoot on a unicorn and since I’ve wasted so much time with idiots on Craigslist I refuse anymore. I’ll throw something away, give it away, set it by the street, light it on fire or blow it up before dealing with people. As far as buying from idiots, I usually find if they have multiple items listed they tend to be there when they say and have more of an honest description. Probably due to dealing with idiots on a daily basis.
I have to say my biggest pet peeve is the ones that don’t answer. What the hell are you selling crap for if you aren’t available to answer a phone, text or email? I’ve had people get back to me and say, “sold it yesterday”. That’s nice douchbag, I messaged you 3 days ago!! I’m done with it all.

Couldn't have said it better.

OP
OP
A

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARE YOU A MEMBER HERE? DID YOU SEE MY POST???

Same ad, You removed only the key picture, and instead now included the miles...
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/sun-city-chevrolet-tahoe/6799310665.html

:welcome:

What, you're gonna pass on those Weathertech floor mats and a half-can of Pepsi?
I have come across some with a garbage bag full of trash scattered about throughout the interior. If you can't take 2 minutes to pick up your food wrappers, and if you're one of those people that piles up garbage so you can sit next to it and take it with you, that tells me all I need to know about how much money and time you put into maintenance...

I came across ads where people posted more pictures of there kids then they did the interior.

OP
OP
A

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do work for dealers. They will look you in the eye and lie without thinking twice.
Yeah, I have a relative who did that for a career, a lot of dirty tricks. I remember when I was little growing up, they gave me a gift of a toy gun. It was supposed to be a "space gun". It was kind of cheap, there was no reason to get it other than it having these bright flashing lights, and what had to be the loudest, most annoying Beeoooowww Pew pew-pew, out of any toy in the store (and this was what I thought of it when I was probably 7 or 8). I knew the point was for me to take it with me, and to piss off my folks. Even that young, I got it. I left it there "so I could play with it next time". It wasn't there next time. This is the under-handed, selling you problems mentality that has ruined the way I look at most dealers.

I get dealers have to make money when buying and selling. People don't work for free, and for most people they are providing a valuable service. The big ones are the worst: Carmax, auto-nation, … The ones that have created a huge overhead and pass that along because they are willing to just buy your trade without making a sale. Those ones seem like they are always way overpriced, but there are enough people who don't know better that they take them on their word, that they just keep doing it.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree; scum of the earth are car dealers followed closely by lawyers...

Btw, nice avatar!
Although, I would reverse the order..

And yes, I dig the BFL avatar. [emoji16][emoji631]