who has longtubes on there truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94yukongt

Reaction score
Im bout to orde rlongtubes for my 94 yukon. Just wondering if anyone else has them and how was the install of the headers? thank you.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i have ****** LTs. install was easy. I suggest replacing the motor mount bushings. The motor tends to sag and then the headers will hit the frame a little bit. You can slip the passenger side from the engine bay down, the drivers side has to come up from the underside. what kind are you looking to get???

also dont get painted one..

OP
OP

94yukongt

Reaction score
i have a lift at my house so that will prolly make it easier and the hoooker competion longtubes.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
get the ceramics. also what side is your o2 sensor on for the Yukon???

My tahoe o2 was on the passenger side, but the ****** LTs o2 bung was on the drivers side. so i welded in another bung in the right place.

2462 is the lt part number right??

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
header install should be somewhat easy...it's everything else downstream that can be on the tough side b/c you will need to customize/fabricate.

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have headers and love them. I didn't put them in though but the guy that did didn't have much of a problem, hes a potheaded moron.

Also +1 on getting them ceramic coated, especially if you live in an area that gets any type of snow, but even if you don't it's still better to get them over the painted ones.

OP
OP

94yukongt

Reaction score
well i was gunna ge tthe painted ones and them have em coated cause i have a connection and it worked out cheaper so yeah. My truck isnt a show truck and i just want longtubes cause i believe they sound so much better then shortys. ****** also makes a true dual exhaust kit for 92-94 2dooor 4wd yukons with just no mufflers for 170 bucks and i hve 2 flowmaster 40series laying around that came off my mustang and 3.5inch chrome tips laying aorund that i was gunna weld on.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-16533HKR header back system

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-2462HKR/ headers

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

get the ceramics. also what side is your o2 sensor on for the Yukon???

My tahoe o2 was on the passenger side, but the ****** LTs o2 bung was on the drivers side. so i welded in another bung in the right place.

2462 is the lt part number right??

idk where the 02 sensor is. Ill have to look tomorow.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
of course LTs will be a better choice then shorties or just stock manifolds. Also ive heard the gasket set and bolt kit suck. I havnt had my truck run long enough witht he new headers to hear any leaks or anything. but jsut letting ya know

OP
OP

94yukongt

Reaction score
of course LTs will be a better choice then shorties or just stock manifolds. Also ive heard the gasket set and bolt kit suck. I havnt had my truck run long enough witht he new headers to hear any leaks or anything. but jsut letting ya know

well my truck just sounds like shit and im sick of it. When i had my mustang, id come home, go into my garage and start up my mustang so i can hear something goood. I hate the way my truck sounds so hopefully with these longtubes, flowmaster40 series mufflers and the true dual exhaust kit she will sounded really good. Btw my exhaust is stock everything with a ****** high flow cat, a MAC muffler (mustang muffler) and it exits right infront of the rear tire and sounds so ******.

And thanks. My dad used there collecter gaskets and they didnt last long, but the header gasket lasted quite sometime. Ill use what they give me until they fail and ill deff get better bolts though.

OP
OP

94yukongt

Reaction score
so i ordered the exhaust and headers. Cost me 408 shipped to my door from summit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blokroknbeats