Who added accessories to their Tahoe and what accessories make it worth while..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vehicle has so much potential from inside to outside from rear to lights to hitch to roof racks. The body also has a lot potential. Share your thought from rugs to screens to extra gadget to tuners .Are there an after market parts or tuners that don’t void warrenty . Your thoughts and pics do any consider it as a SHFT vehicle . Too tints anyone one got 20 percent is that the match for rear window to match front and anyone tinted the front with neutral or any thing else.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes on 20% front tints, as close as you can get to factory. I also added the GM Accessories splash guards. Otherwise, the tires eat up the paint, especially the rear bumper paint quickly.

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes on 20% front tints, as close as you can get to factory. I also added the GM Accessories splash guards. Otherwise, the tires eat up the paint, especially the rear bumper paint quickly.
I have 12k miles and no paint issues. As far as accessories go, I have the rubber mats, cargo mat, cargo shade, bin for the center console and aluminum sun shade. The sun shade is not convenient to use.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I could say the same. I bought my Tahoe with 22k miles on it, and the lower portions of the rear bumper required quite a bit of touch up and polishing from all the stones kicked up by the rear tires

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too feel the same way about the fold up front shade super uncomfortable to install

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the dealer put the performance intake, borla exhaust, mud flaps, and kicker sub in. I do not regret any of these accessories. Should be offered standard in my opinion.

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
The vehicle has so much potential from inside to outside from rear to lights to hitch to roof racks. The body also has a lot potential. Share your thought from rugs to screens to extra gadget to tuners .Are there an after market parts or tuners that don’t void warrenty . Your thoughts and pics do any consider it as a SHFT vehicle . Too tints anyone one got 20 percent is that the match for rear window to match front and anyone tinted the front with neutral or any thing else.

You might want to consider a catch can. Do some online research and decide for yourself, I've done it on two GDI engines - better safe than sorry. Also, on tinting, the far back, side window is a different tint percentage than the rear door so consider that when selecting tint for the front windows. I wouldn't recommend tinting your windshield - illegal almost everywhere, not worth the hassle.
I've also added a Volant intake and Magnaflow muffler - some HP and MPG gains and it sounds great. If you plan to keep yours for a while, look into having the paint ceramic coated - no more waxing, washes easily, protects your paint and shine.

JMTexasGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd highly recommend a good bug deflector! The front of my hood always seems to take a beating, so I finally got the AVS AeroSkin deflector. It looks great (especially if you have a black tahoe)...it took a few minutes to install and has held up great!

The second would be upgrading the window tint (especially if you have the black interior)! I had Wincos' Premium IR tint installed on ALL glass surfaces! I did 10% on rear & back windows, 30% on front windows, and 90% on windshield/sunroof. You can't tell a difference visually on the windshield/sunroof when compared to factory, but doing all the windows dramatically reduced UV & IR which both protects my interior from sun damage while also keeping the car significantly cooler overall! It cost $714.44 out the door, but IMO was well worth the investment!

https://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/avs-aeroskin-hood-protector
AVS Deflector.JPEG

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
The expel treatment, Corsa exhaust, rear mud flaps, chrome mirrors, rear tale gate chrome accent . Husky liners. Upgraded Fog light and backup bulbs. Tinted windshield. 6 Piston Brembo Front Brakes.

Last edited:

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seat covers | weathertech mats on 3 rows | Weather tech mud flaps up front...Husky flaps out back (they were 1/2" wider than WT's) | Wellguard window vents (body painted) | DashCam | Leatherwrapped steering wheel | just had HIDs installed for headlamps and fogs (I can see!) | LED Reverse bulbs | Tinted Front windows (35% - perfect match to rear windows)

About to order a bug shield. I think the ppf is great but find a reputable installer and pony up. I bought a kit and tried to do it myself and it came out like shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberv96