Whistling noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCFLHTK

Reaction score
I have a 07 Tahoe LTZ I bought a few months ago. Since I have owned it I have a whistling noise coming from the front of the vehicle some where while driving say above 50. It is worse on a windy day, kinda annoying. I cant tell if it is coming from the sun roof area or the wiper blade area. Could actually be anywhere up front. Any ideas? I have kinda ruled out the mirrors because I have folded them in and still have the issue. This seems to be a wind noise not a mechanical noise.

Last edited:

TL24

Reaction score
I have a 07 Tahoe LTZ I bought a few months ago. Since I have owned it I have a whistling noise coming from the front of the vehicle some where while driving say above 50. It is worse on a windy day, kinda annoying. I cant tell if it is coming from the sun roof area or the wiper blade area. Could actually be anywhere up front. Any ideas? I have kinda ruled out the mirrors because I have folded them in and still have the issue. This seems to be a wind noise not a mechanical noise.

I have the same exact problem on my 04 Yukon Denali!! Did you ever get it figured out/resolved??!!?!

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a known issue (at least with the escalade). There are several different 'fixes' but I have not been succesful in fixing mine. It seems to come from the winshield/mirrors area. Do some searching here and on other Cadillac forums for solutions.

OP
OP
K

KCFLHTK

Reaction score
My noise ended up being the chrome chevy bug deflector I put on. If I remove it the whistling is gone.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Wow, I got the same issue and thought I might be the only one. Only above 55 MPH and worse on windy days. I can only hear it if I am going under a over pass or under trees. I thought it might have been my front grill since it has a large open area.

peterj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My old 07 LTZ had a whistle sound. It turned out to be the luggage rack crossbar tightening knob. Mine (if I remember correctly) had a hole in the knob that whistled when it was turned so that the hole was facing the front of the vehicle. Try turning that knob so the hole is facing downward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts