Whining noise from speakers with rpm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it is the interface unit, which you had not previously mentioned. Is it properly grounded as well?

OP
OP
D

Davidfranklin1997

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To run a after market radio I had to buy the radio interface kit so it would work I don’t have the pac one I have the stinger one it is a cheaper one

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be clear, you are only getting the interference when the truck is running, correct? If that is the case, you likely have a dirty power wire, that is allowing the field generated by the alternator to intrude on your sound system. I don't know enough about sound systems in general, or yours specifically, so I'll stick to what I am familiar with: The alternator may be starting to fail. You get these sorts of transient issues when they start to fail, and you could start seeing a reduction in MPG. Alternately (no pun intended), your alternator may not be powerful enough to run everything.

Good luck!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cheap test: wrap the interface box with aluminum foil to see if that improves it. Don't wear a tinfoil hat when you do....

OP
OP
D

Davidfranklin1997

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To be clear, you are only getting the interference when the truck is running, correct? If that is the case, you likely have a dirty power wire, that is allowing the field generated by the alternator to intrude on your sound system. I don't know enough about sound systems in general, or yours specifically, so I'll stick to what I am familiar with: The alternator may be starting to fail. You get these sorts of transient issues when they start to fail, and you could start seeing a reduction in MPG. Alternately (no pun intended), your alternator may not be powerful enough to run everything.

Good luck!
I replaced my alternator probably 2 months ago. I only have a Rockford fosgate 400x4 amp running my door speakers I don’t have my subs hooked up untill I can figure out what is going on. I will try replacing the power wire next. Thank you

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are the rca's shielded? or just whatever was the cheapest?
I would ohm test your ground at the amp also, you should have basically 0 ohm's on the ground and the power wire should have pretty much whatever voltage is coming out of the alternator with very little to no drop.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a ground loop. Try grounding the radio and amplifier to the same ground. If not, get a ground loop isolater.

OP
OP
D

Davidfranklin1997

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe the ac Delco alternator. I have Rockford fosgate shielded and braided rca’s the ground for my amp is grounded to the frame

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the pro line or the standard Delco line? My understanding is that there are multiple lines now, and that the top of the line stuff is what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011