Which window deflectors are you using? Pros/Cons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shock

Reaction score
I couldn't seem to find any recent discussions about this for 2015-2020 models.
I'd like to get some window deflectors installed so I can leave the windows cracked to keep the cabin heat down while parked.
The "low profile" styles concern me in that I'm not sure I could roll them down enough without visually being able to see they are down (I'd like them to appear rolled up.)
I could go in-channel or tape-on.

What are you using and what to you like/not like about them?

Cody W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used AVS "stick on" style on my 2017 Sierra and worked great. Although I've heard quality issues with broken deflectors while shipping. I'm looking at purchasing Weathertech brand "in-channel" deflectors. They are quite a bit more money than the AVS brand but appears to have good ratings. Only downside I've heard about the "in-channel" deflectors is the plastic "crunch" sound when rolling the windows up and down. I don't have first hand knowledge of this sound, but I've read in multiple reviews that there's a positive sound of window against visor using the ones that stick within the window channel. Just something to think about.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have in GM in channel and the noise is minor and has not affected the glass at all,it is only the last 3/4 of an inch.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran in-channel deflectors on my Avalanche for about a decade. No window issues, no crunch. I have heard reports of window slowdown (and premature motor wear) from the added thickness of the in-channel piece but never experienced it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2