Which rules to follow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got offered a job in Baltimore so I will be headed that way in May. My question is if my truck is registered in NC which laws do I have to follow when it pertains to different mods I do? I will be living with a family member so I won't register a vehicle or get a new license till I know I will be there for awhile. Anyone know about this?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So I just got offered a job in Baltimore so I will be headed that way in May. My question is if my truck is registered in NC which laws do I have to follow when it pertains to different mods I do? I will be living with a family member so I won't register a vehicle or get a new license till I know I will be there for awhile. Anyone know about this?

It could go either way, but I would check into the Baltimore ordnances. The reason I say this is because I'm Chicago there are rules regarding tinting, and the ordnance specifically says it doesn't matter where the car is from. Even tourists passing through the city can be ticketed.... Ridiculous.

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the dmv website you aren't allowed to tint, add any mods to the exhaust, or have the fender higher than 20 inches

castine917

Reaction score
Some states require registering residence if you stay at a place for a term of time. I believe one place was within 30 days.

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but if you are living there for temp employment it's all good.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
That's ridiculous.

Totally. They changed our state laws to allow a certain level of front tint in 2009. But the city of Chicago uses "home rule" to say nope. Even though the state says it's legal, you can drive into the city for dinner and come out to a ticket, regardless of where the vehicle is registered. Many people have fought and lost.

Here's the kicker(s)... They don't use light meters because you have to get to both sides of the window (couldn't ticket you while parked), so it's at the officers discretion. AND... when this all went down in 2009 (backed by the state police and all), the city of Chicago raised the fine from $25 to $250! No joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n