Which looks better -- chrome handles, or black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I like the black. Are the handles textured black or painted black?

It's certainly a different look. I think it's going to look a lot better clean, but, I'm just not sure yet... But thanks for the input.

They are PAINTED black. They're not the black textured ones.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont like lots of chrome and prefer black in most cases. if you leave the mirrors and side molding id go back to chrome. if you remove the molding and mirrors then stay with the black.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally if you going to leave the chrome mirror covers and chrome trim above the door molding I say keep the chrome handle, however it would look good to get rid of the chrome and have everything black except your polished 20's!:D

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agree with majority on this... if you remove the chrome stripe on the molding and mirrors... then it looks ok. If you keep the other chrome items, then go back to the chrome handles as well.

Yuk_Nali_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black. I hate chrome handles...and mirrors...and vent visors...and door trim...and bug shields...you get the idea. Just give me some Chrome wheels and I'm happy.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks odd, like a lesser model you put a couple chrome pieces on imo.. Chrome broke up the tall sides, now there's now definition because the body lines are so vague.. I think that "all blacked out" look is for people who want to be different from the rest, it's a "beauty in the eye" type of thing. unless the "all blacked out" truck is **spotless** and black paint/wheels gleaming.... it looks like shit.. so in otherwords right after wash & wax it's great, after one rain it looks cheap whereas the truck with some chrome detracts from the mud/dirt, etc..

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I like the black better as well. I feel like the chrome ones stand out too much.

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep the chrome handles if your keeping all the other chrome. But if you take all of it off then go with black, but in the end do what you think looks better.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks odd, like a lesser model you put a couple chrome pieces on imo.. Chrome broke up the tall sides, now there's now definition because the body lines are so vague..

I think you've put into words what I'm thinking.

Thanks for the replies. Still open to all views on it.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the lower chrome draws your attention to the lower part of the truck making it all about the chrome wheels and lower trim.. that's why when chrome is spread around it sort of evens everything out..