Which is louder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have 1 Memphis Mojo 12in sub, It is the newest version (2010) and it is paired with a Memphis 1000watt amp. I very happy with the sub, but looking to go louder with just 1 sub. My question is would a FI 12in BTL sub with the proper amp be louder than what I currently have? Or what sub should I look into with out spending $1000 per sub?

What is everyone using for amps? Would the amp I have now work?

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

The main reason I only want the one sub is because there are times I need to haul something in the back, and don't want to have to take the sub out. I don't want a box taking up the entire back.

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got your msg.
there are to many variables but mojo's arent the most efficient subs out there while btl's are some of the most efficient subs out.
same power, same box, same vehicle, the btl SHOULD out perform the mojo... but 1000rms on a btl is like giving shaq 1 slice of pizza...LOL
1 route you may wanna consider is getting a custom box built for that mojo you have or going up on power...maybe even stepping up to a single 15 if the 12 isnt doing it for you.
as for other brands to look into:

Digital Designs
AudioQue
Sundown
RD
DC
Audiopulse (i have 3 axis 12's. cost me $525 each)
T3
are some other to look into. Audioque has the best sub for the price/performance. maybe upgrade to 2 12's with 1000-1500rms each and it should do the trick for you and still not use up the back of the truck...
he'll i may be willing to sell a axis 12 but 1000rms its gonna laugh at

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the help!

If I were to go with one BTL, which amp should I go with? I've heard the kicker amps were good.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

12"

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
tell us more how the system is installed, and enclosure...install is key. You may gain, with what you have with a new box.

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thats what im gonna do before I buy a new sub. The box is small......It was one that they built for the show room. So I talked to my audio place and they are gonna build me a box. Who makes good plexy Glass boxes? I think it would be badass to have a clear one, or one with like a clear front. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

What else do you need to know?

1 Memphis Mojo
Memphis 1000watt Amp
Pioneer AVH41000 Deck
0G Power and Ground

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gately boxes, search him. He also can build you a cool one that will enhance your power. You have the gear, now it's enclosure dependant. Keep your cash man, use it on box. I bet you can see HUGE gains. :)

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to Bobby Gately, and he is going to hook me up with a completely fiberglass box! Its got a expensive price tag, but he said he will guarentee it will sound 100percent better!