Which cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PunisherZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have all bolt ones need to upagrade the camshaft, what is the best camshaft with minimal things like chain,springs,pump. What is easy way to bump hp and sound. If anything i need more low end power. Mine is used for pulling toys.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Best bet, is to call the cam company you plan to use. Give them your desires, and any mods/future mods, they should be able to spec a cam to fit your needs.

OP
OP
P

PunisherZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Best bet, is to call the cam company you plan to use. Give them your desires, and any mods/future mods, they should be able to spec a cam to fit your needs.

If I get the cam. Can u guys tune it from just sending me one or is it going to cost me 500-600 for tune too? Thanks again u have been lots of help

OP
OP
P

PunisherZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Tahoe z71. I really like the hot cam kit, what all will I need to change to the 218/218 Texas speed cam?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hot cam is garbage, please for the love of all things GM, do not buy it.

All you need to swap to a larger cam is springs.
Springs are chosen based off of cam lift.

I posted the 212/218 based solely off the fact your in a daily driven SUV and would probably not want to change converter and or loose much low rpm torque.
Those 212/218 numbers are the go to specs for a easy 75% of the guys wanting a little more across the rpm range with out other upgrades.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleTank