Which Aftermarket radio harness do you all recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

la silver bullet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im going to install a pioneer doble din stereo on my 2012 tahoe. I already did some research but I want to get different opinions. I want to retain all the chimes, steering wheel controls and the back up sensors. My tahoe doesn’t have navigation but it came equipped with the Bose system. Also I want to install a back up camera. Any help thanks in advance.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
idatalink Maestro hands down. Everything in one, programmable and customizable on your computer. Camera installs separate, on its own.

OP
OP
L

la silver bullet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idatalink Maestro hands down. Everything in one, programmable and customizable on your computer. Camera installs separate, on its own.
You have to buy the maestro Idatalink and also the maestro harness? Or everything comes ready in one box?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will also need the interface adapter specific to your year to work with the maestro rr, if you go to the maestro website and input all your information it tells you what you need, then just go price compare on ebay/amazon, rarely do you find any other places with cheaper prices, sometimes local shops will price match online prices.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope, you need the interface for your year also, my 2012 used the gm2 & avgm2
That depends on which Maestro you buy. The one I bought for my 08 Silverado had all harnesses and adaptors required, and the only other things needed was the mount kit and antenna adapter.

Edit: @Doubeleive may be right, I can’t find my order. Anyway it’s a cool setup but kinda spendy.

upload_2019-5-29_6-29-40.jpeg

Last edited:

headala

Reaction score
Did you end up doing this? I did this exact setup in my '12 Suburban in the last several days.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the PAC and as good as it is, I would get the Maestro if I could go through process again. If you plan to keep this truck for any descent time (3+ years) and you do your own maintenance, the maestro doesnt hurt. You may pay a little more up front than a PAC but the abilities/options pay for itself. If you just want the basics, PAC is the way to go due to pricing but its been a while since I compared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb