Which aftermarket DVD Player/Backup Cam system? OEM? Aftermarket? Android?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon XL with just the stock Bose stereo. And no nav or back up cam. And I'm not even sure of all the capabilities of an aftermarket or even the stock unit. I assume you've got nav/backup cam/music & video input from my phone. But beyond that I'm clueless about what I should look for.

Is there another forum or website that reviews aftermarket units? Or should I stick with upgrading with an OEM unit from GM? Any recommendations? What should I look for? Not look for? I don't want to spend alot. How much should I have to spend? I would like a decent screen that I could use for nav, backup video and play movies on from my phone. If that's possible. Beyond that I'm clueless. Does it affect other things in the car that I should look for?

I've looked at Crutchfield. And seen a few Android systems. Any benefit to those units? Missing anything with those units? I use an Android phone if that makes a difference. The android units at Crutchfield on sale were running anywhere from $179. Other units to $500 on up.

I'd like to research these aftermarket units. But a go to forum or review site or even good thread on here or advice here - would be greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts