Wheel Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TaBro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have wheel spacers installed on a 15+ Tahoe?

Any drawbacks? Brand recommendations? Space size recommendations? Pictures?

Thanks!

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just dont
LOL ... I think I can "expand" on this a little bit. But I agree with "NO." :)

In general if you need to turn corners "Wheel Spacers" are not a good idea. They can throw off steering geometry and affect wheel bearing life. Details are in points 3 and 4 here.:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You can run them safely. Yes it does wear on bearings more. I have to run rear spacers to keep my track width even after lifting. No issues at all.

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can run them safely. Yes it does wear on bearings more. I have to run rear spacers to keep my track width even after lifting. No issues at all.
As I am want to say ... on occasion .... their is always "That Guy." :)

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another way - get wheels with different offset
Yes ... that would be a "Proper Off Set." But ... sigh, to give some ground "usually" q 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch spacer "should not be a issue??" Still nothing I'd use but there is that. :)

OP
OP
TaBro

TaBro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love the simplicity of the 20" dub baller wheels in black and I'd like to wrap them with GY duratracs.

I want to keep my stock ride height but thought maybe a wider stance would be a cheap way to make it look more aggressive.. But I was also worried it would accelerate wear and now that it's confirmed I feel a little hesitant about it. I'm also worried I'm going to clip the side of my house or my wife's car with the wheel pulling into the garage because it is tight as it is in there already.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
As I am want to say ... on occasion .... their is always "That Guy." :)

Yeah they make them for a reason not saying it's the best thing to do for bearing seals. Factory wheel offset going to a x10 does the exact same thing as putting a 1.5" spacer on factory wheels. The bearings can take the added stress. Instead of 200k miles before replacement maybe go 150k miles. If you go to a x14-x16 and 2wd the front end will break hubs in 20k miles. So it's very safe to run 1.5" on stock wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160