What's on your work bench now!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
comes with a few extra parts than what i found but still not enough. just think what a disaster a carburetor would be if you dumped ethanol fuel into and only refilled the bowls when that literally dried up multiple times. then pour maple syrup onto the carburetor then let that dry. then be the second or third person to mess with it and the first or second person knew less than you if anything. then imagine how many parts you might need to fix it. also 20 weeks was out of the question. cant rush quality but when your on a tight unknown time frame as the whole point was to get it on the road before cancer took him. i ended up finding a quality company that only does stock rebuilds and does the cores ahead of time. took me only a week to get a replacement carb. i could have done it cheaper and faster if you could get more than just your basic rebuild kit. either way maple syrup obviously wasn't dried onto it but something thick and tacky was all over the carburetor. i didn't want the project and tried my best to avoid having anything to do with it. if it wasn't a good friend of mine and it wasn't for his father that didn't have alot of time left i wouldn't have.

Bandit-66

Reaction score
I'm working on a TH700R4 right now, for a friend his pickup so he can drive again soon.

DSC_5372.JPG DSC_5385.JPG

everything out and after everything was repaired with new parts, it goes back to assemble

DSC_5475.JPG DSC_5476.JPG DSC_5500.JPG

in two weeks, when I am back home, it will be finished

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
comes with a few extra parts than what i found but still not enough. just think what a disaster a carburetor would be if you dumped ethanol fuel into and only refilled the bowls when that literally dried up multiple times. then pour maple syrup onto the carburetor then let that dry. then be the second or third person to mess with it and the first or second person knew less than you if anything. then imagine how many parts you might need to fix it. also 20 weeks was out of the question. cant rush quality but when your on a tight unknown time frame as the whole point was to get it on the road before cancer took him. i ended up finding a quality company that only does stock rebuilds and does the cores ahead of time. took me only a week to get a replacement carb. i could have done it cheaper and faster if you could get more than just your basic rebuild kit. either way maple syrup obviously wasn't dried onto it but something thick and tacky was all over the carburetor. i didn't want the project and tried my best to avoid having anything to do with it. if it wasn't a good friend of mine and it wasn't for his father that didn't have alot of time left i wouldn't have.
Glad you found what you needed.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No shit, mine looks about the same! I really need to clean it off, but I do know where everything is!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I took 2 truckloads of stuff to the dump yesterday and didn't even get to touch this yet, maybe next weekend I need to make room to at least get my shipping done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep