What's latest shipping timeline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTiger13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine had a TPW of 1/16 and was delivered to dealer on 2/6. Granted dealer was in HTX so no train ride

MikeBoom

Reaction score
Almost exactly a month from completion to delivery in SW Wisconsin. It sat in a Chicago rail yard for about a week.

WhiteZL1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am from Las Vegas, and to say I am frustrated with the ordering process is an understatement.

I got in line with one dealer who has ten people ahead of me back in November of 2022.

The line has stayed the same since.

I went to the other dealers, and one of them lied and said they would have an allocation in Jan; they took a 1000 dollar deposit. January passed, and no order number went to the dealer and found out that there had been at least another lady ahead of me since June of 2022. I got my deposit back.

I started looking at other states and the majority of the dealers; even though it shows in transit, the vehicle is fulfilling someone's order and is not available.

A dealer in AZ is getting 7 of them, and they are all called for, and the guy told me he has a waiting list that will go through the rest of 2023, if not 2024.

I found 2 Tahoes in California, and they are marked up by 5 thousand.

What I am failing to understand is that evidently, there is a huge demand for this vehicle, which could be profitable both for the dealers and GM, yet it does seem like GM is not doing anything to meet the demand. Please let me know if anyone knows a dealer with an allocation.

Thank you

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 23 suburban was built in the last week of January. Was shipped the following week and is sitting in NJ awaiting its final ride to the dealership for delivery

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am from Las Vegas, and to say I am frustrated with the ordering process is an understatement.

I got in line with one dealer who has ten people ahead of me back in November of 2022.

The line has stayed the same since.

I went to the other dealers, and one of them lied and said they would have an allocation in Jan; they took a 1000 dollar deposit. January passed, and no order number went to the dealer and found out that there had been at least another lady ahead of me since June of 2022. I got my deposit back.

I started looking at other states and the majority of the dealers; even though it shows in transit, the vehicle is fulfilling someone's order and is not available.

A dealer in AZ is getting 7 of them, and they are all called for, and the guy told me he has a waiting list that will go through the rest of 2023, if not 2024.

I found 2 Tahoes in California, and they are marked up by 5 thousand.

What I am failing to understand is that evidently, there is a huge demand for this vehicle, which could be profitable both for the dealers and GM, yet it does seem like GM is not doing anything to meet the demand. Please let me know if anyone knows a dealer with an allocation.

Thank you
Afaik there are still parts shortages. Add to the fact that the full size GM SUVs are getting a refresh for 2024, orders will probably increase, making them harder to get like when this generation first came out.

MikeBoom

Reaction score
My Yukon arrived at my dealer in SW Wisconsin around one month after it was produced. Total time for placing order to taking delivery was two months and one day.

It all seems wildly unpredictable and inconsistent, but my dealer had open allocations, which apparently moved it rapidly into production.

jthoske

Reaction score
My Yukon arrived at my dealer in SW Wisconsin around one month after it was produced. Total time for placing order to taking delivery was two months and one day.

It all seems wildly unpredictable and inconsistent, but my dealer had open allocations, which apparently moved it rapidly into production.
Do you mind sharing what options/trim you ordered?

jthoske

Reaction score
How are you all tracking these orders? I just put my deposit in on Monday, and my sales rep told me they should place the order today or next Thursday. Is there a site or somewhere I can see the status on my own?

OP
OP
B

Beechnut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You should have an order code on the build sheet your dealer made. Give it a few days and you can go to GMC.COM and use the chat function to ask for updates. A real person will give you more details than the bot. You could ask your dealer. But if yours is like mine, he's worthless.

That_girl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Tahoe was ordered 12/22/22, and built the week of 2/6/23 in Arlington. I’m in Austin 3 hours south and still waiting for it to be shipped. The wait is killing me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts