whats a good offset for 24's or 26's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosworth496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im going to be dropin my hoe here soon and was wondering what a good wheel set up is with tire size and offset for 24's or 26's??

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on your wheel width and tire width. I am tucking with 305/40s on a 9.5" wide wheel with an offset of +45mm.

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it all depends. This is actually what we have been discussing in this thread : http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29145
I know for a fact you can go as low as +28, because there are multiple people on here with KMC Slides that have that offset. Modded has Gianelle Steep 6 wheels that are +30 and he has a 3/5 drop and it looks sick!

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Modded's truck does look sick.

It really all depends on whether or not you want them to tuck, sit flush, or don't mind if they stick out a little.

Also remember that rears will appear to sit in a little further due to front track width being wider than the rear track width and that the front end (body) taper in some. If you want to correct this appearance issue you can order different offset wheels or use hub-centric spacers. If using spacers, I recomend ET style lug nuts and possibly longer wheel studs.

With the +45 wheels I am running, I have to run spacers in the rear, otherwise they look funny compared to the front and rub all the time. I am using 15mm hub-centric spacers, longer wheel studs and ET style lug nuts. Just by looking at my set up, I could run +28 before they would stick out in the rear.

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that does make sense; unless there is a certain wheel you want, and then you should get the wheels first and then see how much you can lower it. Just a thought.

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked at a lot of wheels, what are you looking for? How much do you want to lower your truck?

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to be different go with a wheel with out a lip. The Giovanna Sienna has no lip along with the TBSS wheels nor does the American Racing El Ray. None of them are real common. If you really want to be different have a set made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murk3d