What to run for off-road style tires on stock 17's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to fit a 16. Might want to check your door and see what size your spare is some tahoes and Yukons come with 16 inch spares. I don't think 15 inch wheels would clear the brakes.

Donkey Punch

Panantukan
Reaction score
I bought a set of the Yokahama geolander M/T's for the jeep and they seem to be a pretty good tire, havnt seen much in the way of negative opinions on them but there are just so many varieables that make a tire work better for one person than the other. They are a little louder than my Revos but they are more aggresive.

Krunchy

Reaction score
bfg all terrains have always been good for me quiet on the pavement and excellent off road and in the snow

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Revo's on my Grand, probably got a good 30k on them and they look like they have another 30k left at least. Good in snow, not bad on highway. Before that, I had Cooper Discoverer A/T's. They wore like nobody's business (they still had 75% tread on them when I replaced them at @ 45k miles), but they were loud on the highway. they were also better in the snow than the Revo's. A lot of people frown on the Cooper tires, but I have to say they were some of my favorites.

If I had to complain about the Revo's, it's that the tread picks up pebbles often. I've gotten very good at finding rocks in my tread as a result.

OP
OP
O

odie301

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen or tried the new Goodyear Wrangler Duragrips?? they look pretty cool..not sure how well wranglers wear... i have heard reports that the wrangler silent armors have great traction but wear fast..anyone know about these?

Donkey Punch

Panantukan
Reaction score
Siping your tires helps with better traction and prolonged tire life... haven't tried it, but all les schwab dealers offer it. Something worth looking into from what I've seen other people do with their tires. Haven't heard anything on the duragrips, but I have heard that the silent armor tires are pretty good overall... wear is an issue to some..

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna throw in a big +1 on the Nitto Terra Grapplers, I'm running 285s on stock 16" wheels, and they are great. They got through both of the huge ass blizzards that Colorado dumped on us earlier this year without a hitch. Ice and snow traction are very good. The manager at Discount Tire where I bought them says that the company that does all of their plowing in the winter swears by them. Haven't done any heavy mud runs with them, but I'd imagine they would do ok.

Great tire for a great price, very aggressive looking but SUPER quiet on the road. My wife drives my rig on occasion and hasn't complained once.

UWMlax15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Truxus tires are sick. My buddy had them on his Bronco that saw nothing but street use and they lasted a few years. They look incredible, and are great for snow and sand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700