What Supercharger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got a question, I got a 1999 Chevy Tahoe with an aFe CAI magnaflow dual 3" exhuast, and i was wanting to get a supercharger but im not sure where to lookg or if i should get one. I guess my question is do they increase gas mileage along with the HP increase(if you can keep your foot out of it) or do they drop the mileage significantly. Im trying to get the most mileage and power out of my Tahoe and any response are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Spencer

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Gas mileage will drop some, but also depends on your foot and the tune you get. Ive heard Whipple chargers make some good ones.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, ever heard of the SEARH button or Google?

Whipple makes good kits...easy to install, but they don;t make em anymore have to so some searching. Took me about a year to find one.

Best S/C kit for our truck is a centrufugal blower which I sold my orignall whipple for. I looked for well over a year for a used one. I couldnt find one. Ended up picking up a used INCOMPLETE kit for 1,200 and have another $400 into it with a few more odds and ends to make it complete.

If your truck is stock leave the S/c off! Must do full bolts ons before boost to get the full effect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spencer2009

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, ever heard of the SEARH button or Google?

Whipple makes good kits...easy to install, but they don;t make em anymore have to so some searching. Took me about a year to find one.

Best S/C kit for our truck is a centrufugal blower which I sold my orignall whipple for. I looked for well over a year for a used one. I couldnt find one. Ended up picking up a used INCOMPLETE kit for 1,200 and have another $400 into it with a few more odds and ends to make it complete.

If your truck is stock leave the S/c off! Must do full bolts ons before boost to get the full effect.

Yeah the search buttons brought me here and i can get better results from you guys without having to search through pages and pages of bull crap of stuff that is specific to my truck. Besides i like yalls opions better that google.

Is it 2012 yet?
Reaction score
I have always liked the vortech line had one in
a burban with a 502 thing was a beast! If I go that
route that's the brand I will go with on my ride now.

1BAD9T7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm running a Powerdyne and actually get better mpg with it, normal driving without "hot rodding" the truck. Years ago, I had a 24' toybox that I would take to the beach weekly, I got 6 mpg... After putting the Powerdyne on, I got 9 mpg, Big jump !!!

I was running 38.5" tires back then, now have 37" and am getting 12-13 mpg normally, not good, but not bad considering...

Jason

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm running a powerdyne and actually get better mpg with it, normal driving without "hot rodding" the truck. Years ago, i had a 24' toybox that i would take to the beach weekly, i got 6 mpg... After putting the powerdyne on, i got 9 mpg, big jump !!!

I was running 38.5" tires back then, now have 37" and am getting 12-13 mpg normally, not good, but not bad considering...

Jason

pics of gtfo ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Passion74