What shall i start with???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well fellows been gone a while but haven't left for good:hands:.. Anyway, i need some advice as far as what should i upgrade in front suspention. I changed inner and outter tie rods(Moog), just bought pitman arm(Moog) and about to order idler arm(Moog) oh!, yeah also ordered Control Arm Bushings, Steering stabalizer.. I'm doing all this cause i have 117k and there's play on the damn steering wheel.. So before i go blowing 3-400 bucks on a gear box i wanna do the cheapest parts first so what else fellows???:Frustrated::banghead:..

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are on the right track. Are all those parts installed and the steering is still bad? Gearbox may be the problem though.

OP
OP
Chevyrider619

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they ain't installed yet Bow.. Tomorrow's the day bro. I'm gonna put that new compressor the wifey bought me.. But I have everything except my C.A.B's.. I think I'm gonna have someone do those not to sure if I can do those myself..
P.S. after all is installed, get alignment then we get tires..

Sent from my iPhone 4'es using Tapatalk

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did exactly what you did and ended up being the steering box but I must say after I replaced everything my trucks steering is tighter than a nun's ass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
Chevyrider619

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good to hear that my steering wheel will be like the factory cause, it's an awful feeling, at first.. Then you get use to it.. Just one thing i got ask, if i go over a water puddle an it usually tries to pull right, is that tires getting worn out or what???

BTW: I wasn't able to do Idler arm and Idler arm bracket cause i went and bought those parts at pepboys parts w/ lifetime warranty but they weren't moog so i just ordered today all Moog. Ain't gonna cheat Hoe hahaha!

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
sounds kinda like some minor hydroplaning and vehicle will drift in path of least resistance. if it goes right I would say something on the left is slipping.

OP
OP
Chevyrider619

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: So the Idler Arm and the Idler bracket got here today(Moog).. Anyway i need help as far as the bracket anyone thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obs_teezy