What MagnaFlow to get....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07 Tahoe

Reaction score
I am looking to get a Magnaflow muffler only put on and am stuck on which one to get and needs some help.

I want a nice deep sound, but do not want all the interior noise. I am looking at the MF 12279 or the 12579. What are thoughts on what sounds the best but the interior noise level is to a minimum for the kids and Wifey?

Also do I leave the resonator on or take it off?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Magnaflow 12589 on my 08 Tahoe. It's nice and deep IMO. If you don't want too much noise then I wouldn't remove the resonator bc that is what dampens the sound. I removed it and got some Volant tips and it looks 10x better.

OP
OP

07 Tahoe

Reaction score
Perfect, that is what I will more than likely go with and just keep the resonator on. But over all you like the sound? have you had any other mufflers? I also like the Dual tips, Looks nice!!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the resonator delete (with the SLP kit) mainly more for looks as that resonator is an eye sore IMO. removing it does add extra sound but really with the Magnaflow 12589 muffler there's not much drone at all when cruising down the highway. You notice it more upon hard acceleration and on cold start up.

OP
OP

07 Tahoe

Reaction score
I am wanting the throaty sound at start up and when you get on it. Just dont want all the interior noise when cruising at 70+. Is there much noise at that speed or above?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wanting the throaty sound at start up and when you get on it. Just dont want all the interior noise when cruising at 70+. Is there much noise at that speed or above?

There is a little bit but not much really especially when you have the radio on and the other chit chatter from the other passengers. It's hardly noticeable when cruising at 70 - 80 IMO.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect, that is what I will more than likely go with and just keep the resonator on. But over all you like the sound? have you had any other mufflers? I also like the Dual tips, Looks nice!!

Thanks! Yea I had a 2001 Z71 Tahoe with a dumped flowmaster 40. That had a lot of drone but at the time (and age) I liked it. Over time I ended up wanting something not as loud but had a nice low rumble to it at start up and when accelerating. I did the resonator delete/volant tips prior to getting the magnaflow exhaust and that in itself gave it an overall lower tone but the magnaflow muffler made it sound much cleaner and less raspier.

vserduchka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the 13259 xl. You will LOVE it. Just got mine installed last week.

No cabin drone, but sounds mean as hell at WOT.

Take it from me, I have a wife and 4 month old, and neither of them mind it.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

07 Tahoe

Reaction score
What is the 13259 on? Did you leave the resonator on or did you remove it. How does it sound, deep mellow sound or more or the crackle? Has anyone else used this muffler before, cant find this number on Magnaflow website or I might just be missing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan