What jack are you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up an 07 Denali xl, and want to know what jack you’re using to light up the truck. I have a 2.5 ton lightweight one from harbor freight. I to don’t feel too trusting of it lifting up the truck. I do have some old school 2 ton jack stands from craftsman the I got from my dad. So I’m not worried about that. Any info is appreciated!

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keep using what you have. It's a jack rated for 5000 lbs. The most you'll ever be lifting, if you jack at the rear diff and left the entire rear, is going to be about half that rating. That's plenty of safety margin.

OP
OP
A

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never do, and never will. I’m just of the mentality of having more than what I need.

OP
OP
A

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the rear brakes on an Escalade esv. Used the jack woithout problems.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up an 07 Denali xl, and want to know what jack you’re using to light up the truck. I have a 2.5 ton lightweight one from harbor freight. I to don’t feel too trusting of it lifting up the truck. I do have some old school 2 ton jack stands from craftsman the I got from my dad. So I’m not worried about that. Any info is appreciated!
I have the same jack. It does the job.

Just ensure to you jack stands and you should be fine

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like lifting my trucks with those little 2.5 ton portable jacks. We use a 3-ton from HF, an almost carbon copy of my old Craftsman but this one has two pistons. My only gripe is that sometimes I wish it would lift the truck higher than 18 inches. The 4-ton goes to 20 inches.

As I get older, the 3-ton jack stands are looking wimpier too.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like lifting my trucks with those little 2.5 ton portable jacks. We use a 3-ton from HF, an almost carbon copy of my old Craftsman but this one has two pistons. My only gripe is that sometimes I wish it would lift the truck higher than 18 inches. The 4-ton goes to 20 inches.

As I get older, the 3-ton jack stands are looking wimpier too.
You could always put a block of solid wood under the jack so it's flush up against the vehicle. I wouldn't use concrete blocks as they have a tendency to crumble at the most inopportune time. And of course, crib the vehicle, with wood blocks, tire ramps or jack stands, once you have her up. I use 2 TK Simplex 12 ton bottle jacks to get mine up where I want it. It's overkill of course but I feel safer that way. Plus the jacks are great & easy to use. I picked mine up at a govt. surplus sale. Aloha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal