What is this part?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was dumb and tried to jack up on this point. It bent. Need to replace (though it doesn't seem to affect my ride). What is this called? Can't find a searchable IPC/IPL anywhere.

Thanks!

1659371064116.png

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year Tahoe do you have? Looks like a stock pic as your Avatar. I would add that info to your signature for future posts. Look for control arms instead of trailing - that is how they are posted on Rockauto also. Any chance you can find a part number on your current part?

There is an Upper control/trailing arm also that has a bend in it...Sure the bend you see is not from your jack? :)

OP
OP
tiktok4321

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year Tahoe do you have? Looks like a stock pic as your Avatar. I would add that info to your signature for future posts. Look for control arms instead of trailing - that is how they are posted on Rockauto also. Any chance you can find a part number on your current part?

There is an Upper control/trailing arm also that has a bend in it...Sure the bend you see is not from your jack? :)
You were right... It was hard to see the bottom of that part in the photo on the link you attached. Also saw it called "Lower control arm". $28 from Moog and I believe an easy replacement. I don't think it requires pressure. I think I did this before. :(

But yes, it's a 2008 Hybrid. And, yes, I bent it with my jack. Compared to the opposite side. Honestly wish there was a solid piece, or an I-beam. It looked like an ideal jack point. :D

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked up the part based on my Tahoe for reference. Most folks on the forum recommend OE parts or upgrade vendor parts - not that MOOG is not a quality company but I have heard of that some of their stuff can be purchased that is of lower quality. If you go with MOOG, get the professional series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy