What is this part?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was dumb and tried to jack up on this point. It bent. Need to replace (though it doesn't seem to affect my ride). What is this called? Can't find a searchable IPC/IPL anywhere.

Thanks!

1659371064116.png

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year Tahoe do you have? Looks like a stock pic as your Avatar. I would add that info to your signature for future posts. Look for control arms instead of trailing - that is how they are posted on Rockauto also. Any chance you can find a part number on your current part?

There is an Upper control/trailing arm also that has a bend in it...Sure the bend you see is not from your jack? :)

OP
OP
tiktok4321

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year Tahoe do you have? Looks like a stock pic as your Avatar. I would add that info to your signature for future posts. Look for control arms instead of trailing - that is how they are posted on Rockauto also. Any chance you can find a part number on your current part?

There is an Upper control/trailing arm also that has a bend in it...Sure the bend you see is not from your jack? :)
You were right... It was hard to see the bottom of that part in the photo on the link you attached. Also saw it called "Lower control arm". $28 from Moog and I believe an easy replacement. I don't think it requires pressure. I think I did this before. :(

But yes, it's a 2008 Hybrid. And, yes, I bent it with my jack. Compared to the opposite side. Honestly wish there was a solid piece, or an I-beam. It looked like an ideal jack point. :D

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked up the part based on my Tahoe for reference. Most folks on the forum recommend OE parts or upgrade vendor parts - not that MOOG is not a quality company but I have heard of that some of their stuff can be purchased that is of lower quality. If you go with MOOG, get the professional series.