What I did on Fathers Day.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent 5 hours replacing 4 ft of 3/8 alum tube on the high side of my rear unit right at the right rear wheel. Pulled a vacuum loaded her up and have ac now. A few very minor leaks at o ting places but nothing to care about as of now. Going to under coat the rest no leaks. Now my replacement blower residtor block is acting up after replacement or head unit. Speed won’t vary with button pushing. 2 months old. Always something

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have been a recall on those heater controls in those years. Charred wires are a pretty good indication of poor design.

OP
OP
Douglas Friedberg

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea that’s been going on forever in the heater and ac modes since the 60,s In all vehicles. Save afew bucks a car just get it passes warranty period. Adding the relay helped a lot took a big burden of the plastic switches. Wiring they will alway be cheap on. A lot of vehicles suffer from ac clutch engagement and is a money maker for the dealer. Because after the clutch wears not enough current aka amps from the skinny wire size to pull in the clutch anymore. Save yourself lots of money and upgrade some of these systems to large wire size yourself. Lots of stuff to learn in electrical systems.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth... Drove the Suburban 2500 to the ER to sit with my mom, on the night before Fathers' Day. Stayed with her until they wheeled her into a room -- about 2ish AM on Father's Day. Then I went home, napped, went to church, picked up my daughter; we then visited my mom's apartment, got stuff for her, then went to and spent another hourish with my mother.

On the flipside, I did get to eat lunch with my daughter, but we all went home after that. I got home at 4ish, and was passed out until a little after 8. Then I went back to bed and slept all night.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth... Drove the Suburban 2500 to the ER to sit with my mom, on the night before Fathers' Day. Stayed with her until they wheeled her into a room -- about 2ish AM on Father's Day. Then I went home, napped, went to church, picked up my daughter; we then visited my mom's apartment, got stuff for her, then went to and spent another hourish with my mother.

On the flipside, I did get to eat lunch with my daughter, but we all went home after that. I got home at 4ish, and was passed out until a little after 8. Then I went back to bed and slept all night.
This has been a tough week for several friends and family losing loved ones! Prayers going out for improvement in your mom's condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01