What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dozerpilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes it was leaking into the blower housing. The wiper cowl is broken at the retaining screw. I vacuumed and flushed everything else, then sealed up the screw holes. Seems like it worked.

I did convert to double din. I used the Metra DP-3003 kit. The fit and finish isn’t quite as good as the OEM piece, but I think it looks cleaner than the kit that requires cutting the factory dash and putting the trim piece around it. As a bonus, the Atoto head unit was shallow enough that I didn’t have to trim the dashboard supports behind the radio.

Also, either SEM’s version of light neutral paint is significantly lighter the GM’s version or I miss read my RPO code.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes it was leaking into the blower housing. The wiper cowl is broken at the retaining screw. I vacuumed and flushed everything else, then sealed up the screw holes. Seems like it worked.

I did convert to double din. I used the Metra DP-3003 kit. The fit and finish isn’t quite as good as the OEM piece, but I think it looks cleaner than the kit that requires cutting the factory dash and putting the trim piece around it. As a bonus, the Atoto head unit was shallow enough that I didn’t have to trim the dashboard supports behind the radio.

Also, either SEM’s version of light neutral paint is significantly lighter the GM’s version or I miss read my RPO code.
Or yours might've just been dirty. That usually happens with the lighter color interiors.

Czykats44

Dis Member
Reaction score
Not today but... I went the 88/89 assembly way with LMC lenses.
After two aftermarket composite assemblies either clouded or flooded over the last 8 years, I bit the bullet. I'm pleased with the outcome of the look, fit and finish. The lighting could be brighter with standard bulbs but when aimed right, they work fine and are actually better than the second replacement set of Anzo composites. The lateral vision ok, but augmented by my fogs. (Hipro Power 9006XS 5900k 100Watt bulbs helped with the brightness)

Wire brushed, prepped and high temp sprayed the buckets
pxl_20210813_003454203-jpg.jpg

A Little SEM trim black around the recess:
pxl_20210813_162851200-jpg.jpg

Test Fit:
pxl_20210818_205833478-jpg.jpg

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Well today I put FrankenBetty back on the road. I just couldn't let her sit around. And I'm not driving an hour to work a day anymore so she'll get some use on the daily commute. I will be upgrading her head unit. After 20+ years, the Alpine I inherited from the hubby's Syclone has finally shit the bed and the control knob isn't working anymore. I'll need to put some new shoes on her, the tires I current have are about done. Tinkering with the idea of giving her a small lift. In the meantime, I need to blow 6 months of leaves out of the cowl. LOL.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well today I put FrankenBetty back on the road. I just couldn't let her sit around. And I'm not driving an hour to work a day anymore so she'll get some use on the daily commute. I will be upgrading her head unit. After 20+ years, the Alpine I inherited from the hubby's Syclone has finally shit the bed and the control knob isn't working anymore. I'll need to put some new shoes on her, the tires I current have are about done. Tinkering with the idea of giving her a small lift. In the meantime, I need to blow 6 months of leaves out of the cowl. LOL.
Nice to see you back.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Drove the ol girl to my new job. We are currently remodeling. Listening to the construction crew try to figure out who in my law office would drive that was very funny. Got my new head unit at the house. Going to install it and a new amp for the fronts on Sunday. All together I have $119 and some supplies in this system that I can't turn up past 14 LOL. Makes me damn happy. FrankenBetty also towed the side by side up to the shop for Tim to put in a new master cylinder and rear caliper. Time to finish out deer season the next couple of weekends. Once I get my trans rebuilt, FrankenBetty will be going to hunt camp.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Drove the ol girl to my new job. We are currently remodeling. Listening to the construction crew try to figure out who in my law office would drive that was very funny. Got my new head unit at the house. Going to install it and a new amp for the fronts on Sunday. All together I have $119 and some supplies in this system that I can't turn up past 14 LOL. Makes me damn happy. FrankenBetty also towed the side by side up to the shop for Tim to put in a new master cylinder and rear caliper. Time to finish out deer season the next couple of weekends. Once I get my trans rebuilt, FrankenBetty will be going to hunt camp.
How's your son's LS swapped C10 doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas