What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I would advise not to use illumination colors that match any warning indicators. For example when it is all red, a red warning light could come on and you may not even notice it till it is to late. Contrasting colors have a better chance of being recognized immediately. Blue white or even green is better if you can like those colors.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All right, guys. My name is Eric and I am Hoe-holic. It has been almost 3 months since my last confession (posting) here. Just for poops and giggles, I added up all of the receipts for the Hoe since I bought her February 12, 2013. I bought here for 5K and have put almost 8K into her on all stock part repairs/replacements. I don't even know where to begin. Prol the most expensive things I have done since my last posting was drop 2.5K on a factory front transfer case job as mine was making that horridly irritating clicking noise while in motion. I have also had to replace most of the front suspension components as they were just simply old and worn out. I mean everything. She sure rides much nicer now. I had to replace the ignition cylinder which was almost 75% labor and 25% parts. I replaced both side door pins and bushings; blower motor; a/c control assembly; radiator; placed a K&N cold air intake in place of the factory closed box; cd player; overflow coolant and windshield washer bottles; all wiper arms and wipers; driver's side door handle interior and lock mechanism (that sucked!); pro comp shocks all the way around (I simply couldn't afford the Bilsteins); all hoses and serp belt; EVERY freakin fluid was replaced after being flushed or emptied; and so many other little things I don't want to or can't remember. No matter. She deserves all the attention. I just simply get a smile every time I look at her and drive her. My Chevy dealer mechanic says he really likes working on her and to see a 2dr 4wd version like I have is very rare he says. He has offered me quite a bit more than blue book for her but I politely refuse every time. I think he gets why. He says I take better care of my Hoe than he does his family. I'm sure I know what he meant by that, and not literally...lol. I've had her for over a year now and I have seen exactly 5 other '99 2dr 4wd Hoes like mine in the metro Phoenix area. They are just very rare to spot nowadays. I think I have seen the Oscar Meyer weinermobile more than other Hoes like mine! :)

I am looking to replace my stock headlamp assemblies with glass lensed replacements that have good low and high beam visibility. I am trying to keep her stock looking as possible. Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions how I can tighten up the play in my steering? She drifts too much and I figured after I replaced all of the suspension parts and shocks it would get better but it she still likes to drift and I have to overly counter steer in the opposite direction to hold her straight. I don't like the play in the steering wheel. Any help you fellow Hoe-Kons can give would be very much appreciated! Eric

Last edited:

2door2wheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed all my lights to l.e.d. , bought some nbs seats and discovered my ball joints are shot to pieces

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. I don't like the play in the steering wheel. Any help you fellow Hoe-Kons can give would be very much appreciated! Eric

after searching this forum for a while i read a post about tightening the steering box as mine had the same condition , maybe not as bad. i did what they said and it absolutley fixed the wander and slop! total relief.
go in from the top , loosened the locknut around the hex-head adjuster and turn the allen screw about half turn clockwise. re-tighten the lock nut and test drive. i would go 1/2 to 1/4 turn at a time until satisfied. just dont overtighten or else you will dmamge the box.

sounds like you have the addiction ... im a relative beginner OBS guy, but i love them. i bought my wife (and myself) a 99 ducks unlimited , and i just decided to buy MYSELF a nice 99 silver 2 door. the pruchase is currently in the works, higher milage 163k , but SUPER clean and a southern truck ... so there is NO rust underneath. cant wait until she is in the garage
good luck

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I need to do that fix myself, any chance you have a pic of the locknut and hex in question? Its too cold out to play with it at the moment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to do that fix myself, any chance you have a pic of the locknut and hex in question? Its too cold out to play with it at the moment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

its very obvious, look down on it from the driver side. you shouldnt have a problem

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
here. in the middle of the top cap with the exposed threads.
P18501.JPG

Last edited:

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ what he said. its the nut to the left of the two bolt heads. its hard to see from the pic, but the allen wrench fits right into the top of the protrusion.

good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts