What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
Alex asked for pics, just got a chance. Non stop rain here.

picture.php

waiting on my led black parklights.

bad ass truck...only thing I'd change would be the blacked out projector headlights (for some chrome ones)

gbert06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
previous 2 months.

I bought my 2000 NBS hoe a little over a year ago for $3,500 cash with 240k miles. I've come to learn that high mileage is nothing on these since this is my 2nd Tahoe. This is what i've done the last 2 months. I'am now at 255k.

1. New Monroe LT shocks all the way around. One of the rears was leaking so i figured might as well do it right. Rides stiffer and handles so sweeeet!

2. new front sway bar links. one was falling apart. Alignment afterwards

3. Fixed my tow/haul problem. Was not lighting up or shifting when button was pushed. Pulled steering cover soldered the broken wire. Works like new.

4. Installed new 6.5" front pioneer speakers. Took a good hour, since i had to drill new holes.

5. JB welded my oil dipstick bracket back together.

6. Installed a new downstream O2 sensor. Old one had been making a rattling noise for a good 6 months now, also had to tighten up the trans mount. It was pretty loose! CRAP!

7. New PCV Valve

8. Soldered in new capasitors to my HID's. Now kenwood deck plays fm radio without humming noise, no dimming of lights.

9. Installed new Wagner Ceramic Pads front and back. Also installed new front and rear rotors. Was squeaking some and pulsating under hard braking. Parking brake shoes were fine. Rotated tires.

10. Topped off diff. Found out Meineke was not greasing suspension and topping off diff fluid. It was a Qt & 1/4 low!! I was Fin' pissed!

11. Fixed headlamp/dimmer switch light. Thanks Radio Shack!

I'm sure im missing something.
Looking back I spent close to $500
Thanks to Advance Auto for all the parts. Since that is where I work HAHA!

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California's law, that and last judge that told me if I ever got caught with tinted windows I was gonna get locked up. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bosworth496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I've heard that to from a so cal judge he also had my truck black balked from the highway if I got another ticket so I sold that truck bought a black hoe and did double limo all the way around and limo down the front lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mankind

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a few upgrades that were piled up in the shed. Spent 10 minutes installing the Volant CAI.

Took about an hour to get the Sony In the dash and everything working.

The rest of the day was spent installing the JBA cat back system and welding the fits. The very last hanger actually required me to remove the one on my old pipe and weld it to my new pipe. Apparently the kit is not made for the Denali ground effects. The last hanger was about an inch short after i had to rearrange it so it wouldnt touch the plastic. Everything is on and it sounds much better than it did factory.

Now I'm sitting here typing this while My tune is uploading. I'll have to go riding around and data log it for a bit here shortly and see how drastic the mods were.

As soon as this turnaround at work is over i'll be tackling the bigger job of some LT's and high flows. Just haven't decided what brand yet.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your Tahoe is looking great man. I love the hd hood and the black Esky 22's!

thanks, next im going to try out a grey color on the rims. (sort of like the TBSS ones)

Yeah Mike, truck looks great!!!

thanks alex. lol

bad ass truck...only thing I'd change would be the blacked out projector headlights (for some chrome ones)

Yeah, i wont say much on that, except they are custom made headlights, and miscommunication made them all black, but im fine with it, looks really cool and hides the projectors. ( just looks like glass showing.if that makes sense)

thanks a lot guys.

Today -- Got my black led bumper lights to fix the stock park lights.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks, next im going to try out a grey color on the rims. (sort of like the TBSS ones)

Today -- Got my black led bumper lights to fix the stock park lights.

Those bumper lights should finish off the 'look' you got going on......

It looks good all blacked out but a gunmetal finish on the rims may look good too ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432

Latest posts