What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Finished up my wiper arm repaint that rocket man inspired me to do. They were pretty sad looking. Thought I’d never get the fronts off sheesh.

Attachments

• 6F0C00AD-DB7B-422A-9489-35466F7FD753.jpeg
    6F0C00AD-DB7B-422A-9489-35466F7FD753.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 7D19F0F6-7A28-4563-A457-BD2F1E08B3C9.jpeg
    7D19F0F6-7A28-4563-A457-BD2F1E08B3C9.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 6
  • BF1AEE04-58DF-4936-A568-09C87A7E5334.jpeg
    BF1AEE04-58DF-4936-A568-09C87A7E5334.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 7
  • A82D3B5F-6A50-4F9C-A5E2-E0E4152332BA.jpeg
    A82D3B5F-6A50-4F9C-A5E2-E0E4152332BA.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 5

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like crap. Post address and place at curb so I can assist in disposing of this junk. Coming from Houston so don't wait up!! Hahaha!!
I'm jelly, my back wiper has the typical white mark where the paint is gone. It's on the to-do list, way at the bottom!!
Ill race you there from Houston.... Should make it interesting ...

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Got a replacement lower valence to replace the one the '**** broke. Turns out, cheapest place to get it was the dealership. 55 bucks for the whole thing ain't bad at all.

2 bolts and some snaps to install. Takes about 10 minutes. Longest part of the process was locating my tap and die set since the new lip didn't come with bolts... and mine were a smidge bit crusty.

If you should have one of these, and you don't. I'd recommend picking one up. Noted about a 0.3-0.4mpg difference with the thing on the highway. No discernable difference in city.. Couldn't tell you why so much, but it's there's a value proposition to be made. And it looks better lol.

Gave 'er some TLC. Oil change, trans fluid, p/s fluid, engine and cabin air filters. Need to replace the inline filters I have on the transmission and power steering but local shop was sold out of the things.

Also replaced my interior 4wd switch. The 'ol solder reflow trick wasn't holding up any more. For what it's worth, the dorman offering performs well. Plastic and mould quality feels on par w/ OEM. Button actuation feel is slighly mushier, but nothing of concern. Backlighting came w/ LED that does dim in accordance with the dimmer switch. Has me pondering about swapping all interior backlighting to LED.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best damn vehicle I've ever owned. 165k and she runs like a top!

20210821_185924.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Got a replacement lower valence to replace the one the '**** broke. Turns out, cheapest place to get it was the dealership. 55 bucks for the whole thing ain't bad at all.

2 bolts and some snaps to install. Takes about 10 minutes. Longest part of the process was locating my tap and die set since the new lip didn't come with bolts... and mine were a smidge bit crusty.

If you should have one of these, and you don't. I'd recommend picking one up. Noted about a 0.3-0.4mpg difference with the thing on the highway. No discernable difference in city.. Couldn't tell you why so much, but it's there's a value proposition to be made. And it looks better lol.

Gave 'er some TLC. Oil change, trans fluid, p/s fluid, engine and cabin air filters. Need to replace the inline filters I have on the transmission and power steering but local shop was sold out of the things.

Also replaced my interior 4wd switch. The 'ol solder reflow trick wasn't holding up any more. For what it's worth, the dorman offering performs well. Plastic and mould quality feels on par w/ OEM. Button actuation feel is slighly mushier, but nothing of concern. Backlighting came w/ LED that does dim in accordance with the dimmer switch. Has me pondering about swapping all interior backlighting to LED.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best damn vehicle I've ever owned. 165k and she runs like a top!

View attachment 348425
I can't believe the lower valance was so cheap at the dealer. Did you use a commercial account or something?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 348425
$55 is cheap for one of those. I had to cut 1” off the bottom of mine because I’m lowered and it would drag going an snd out of driveways. Your truck looks good.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
$55 is cheap for one of those. I had to cut 1” off the bottom of mine because I’m lowered and it would drag going an snd out of driveways. Your truck looks good.
I've been wanting one of them for years. Wonder if mine would drag too. Didn't you need to do some cutting of the sides? I kind of remember you having an issue with fitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts