What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my tahoe dont get out much, but today it did a 200 mile round trip. had to have a friend follow me in it so i could drop off my camaro at the hot rod shop for dod delete to ls3, cam and header install. this will be a long ass week waiting for it to be done. might take longer if we dont get a warmish day so it can be tuned.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
get a bottle of blue devil, flush the coolant, dump that stuff in, drain 1/2 and add new coolant. i used it in old old engine that was just eating coolant. it stopped eating it, but if you flush the coolant out so does the blue devil and it starts to eat coolant again. its a clear thin liquid, not tar. i took that engine apart after i blew it up. saw nothing bad from the BD. ps only reason i did a coolant flush was cause of years used, so it held up for like 4 years or so. till the flush, then i had to add more and it stopped asap once again.
Before you use the Blue Devil, get your oil tested for water, the silicate in the BD will lock your motor up if you have any water/coolant in there. Also in addition to the drain recommended, remove your thermostat until finished and then put it back after the engine cools. If your oil tests for water, you can try BAR Copper Block Seal which works with all coolant types and see if that seals you up for a while. You can get the test kit at Napa Auto parts or Oreily's part # is 5077 if I recall, and it's only $15. That's a lot less than a locked up motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons