What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Now I'm jealous Carpenter! It looks great!! Do you mind telling how much it cost you and did a body shop do the work? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Carpenter2361

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I'm jealous Carpenter! It looks great!! Do you mind telling how much it cost you and did a body shop do the work? Thanks

500$ for the grill, headlight trim and roof rack trim

Carpenter2361

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That looks crazy!!!!! All u need is to tint the windshield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I didn't live in California I would limo tint all the windows. But this state sucks and we get pulled over for any tint on the two front windows

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I agree Carpenter I purchased mine and it came with the black bow ties and black rims so why in the hell wouldn't they black out the entire Suburban!! 3 I have 4% tint all the way around my Suburban and it makes it look so much better with my truck being all black. Luckily I have FOP tags on my SUV so I won't have a problem luckily! I went to a body shop and they said they would not paint it because they couldn't guarantee it or something I guess because it's chrome plastic. So I'm either going to go to another body shop or buy a black grill. Where in CA? 3 I go out to LA at least once a year this year I was out there twice because I went to a Raiders game. I have family in Manhattan Beach. Man I really want my grill and stuff color matched!!

Carpenter2361

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree Carpenter I purchased mine and it came with the black bow ties and black rims so why in the hell wouldn't they black out the entire Suburban!! 3 I have 4% tint all the way around my Suburban and it makes it look so much better with my truck being all black. Luckily I have FOP tags on my SUV so I won't have a problem luckily! I went to a body shop and they said they would not paint it because they couldn't guarantee it or something I guess because it's chrome plastic. So I'm either going to go to another body shop or buy a black grill. Where in CA? 3 I go out to LA at least once a year this year I was out there twice because I went to a Raiders game. I have family in Manhattan Beach. Man I really want my grill and stuff color matched!!

I'm about an hour away from Los Angeles. And those body shops who say they can't paint chrome don't know what there doing. You have to prep it and spray it with a chemical that bounds to plastic and helps make the paint flexible. Keeping shopping for good custom shops you will find one.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks I will keep looking, I found a black grill on eBay what would you think a good price to install it. I might ask the dealer or maybe a body shop? But I would still need the chrome over the headlights done which is a very small amount and could probably vinyl wrap that part

Carpenter2361

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will keep looking, I found a black grill on eBay what would you think a good price to install it. I might ask the dealer or maybe a body shop? But I would still need the chrome over the headlights done which is a very small amount and could probably vinyl wrap that part

I haven't seen any gloss black grills on eBay but those chrome pieces above the headlights would vinyl wrap easily with out removal. If you have a 7mm and 10mm socket you can install the grill your self takes about 30 mins to drop the front bumper.

IMG_2941.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChuckWoodChuck