What are you favorite features of your Tahoe, looking for mod ideas for my base 2017 LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan212

Reaction score
Looking for some ideas for modifications for my 2017 LS model. I added Katzin leather and weathertech mats from front to rear. I have also already modified it with several stock or modified items from higher models.

Rear cargo shade, Black badges, Center console charger, Homelink garage door opener, Fog lights, Hitch cover, Autodim rearview mirror.

I like to use factory parts when possible, are there any other features that you like that the higher trim trucks have that could be added to the lower trim models?

MobileHomie

Reaction score
I am ready to yank the two rear (third row) seats in my Yukon Denali along with the slopped deck cover back to the tail gate. It has a cool little storage at the back that I can keep some extra "range goodies" in. The sloped area is maddening when hauling cargo, I have never had to tie in my groceries or luggage before...

OP
OP
R

Ryan212

Reaction score
I keep my 3rd row folded down all the time, and have a large weathertech cargo back there going from the back of the 2nd row to the tailgate. Mine seems to be fairly flat but my driveway is on a small slope and when I open the hatch I have lost some oranges when they rolled out.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of mirrors.... if you like to see, upgrade to the larger Escalade mirrors. Super game changer.

tiggerdaug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you post photos of your Katzin interior. I have been considering this modification to my 2019 LS.
Hotchkis sway bars on my LS made for a large improvement in handling, especially at the rear.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I have also already modified it with several stock or modified items from higher models.....Autodim rearview mirror.
Which one did you use because I have been meaning to get to this. I was thinking of getting an aftermarket one with a screen built in so I can add a forward camera, but by the time I get around to wiring that in a driveway that isn't conducive to car work, I'd be better off going the simpler route with just the auto-dim upgrade.

Also with an LS, we don't have any of the wiring harnesses that come with the LTs and higher trims. So if you add the Caddy mirrors, you are just getting big mirrors and none of the extra features like puddle lights, auto-fold, etc. We are missing about $1000 worth of wiring harnesses to up-fit our trucks unless we go aftermarket components or buy the harnesses (e.g. heated seats, memory pedals, etc).

I prefer cloth interior over leather so I had some custom crushed velour seat covers for all 3 rows put in. WheelSkins leather wrapped steering wheel cover - Love the feel of a thick steering wheel. Also I like a sound system but I do NOT want a box taking up space. I ended up making a fiberglass enclosure for a 12" shallow sub that's mounted in my side rear interior panel. Added an app and tapped into the speakers for the rear doors with a high to low converter. This was my first attempt at doing glass work and it came out half decent. I am also adding RGB rock lights and an LED underglow kit. Added RGBs behind the front grill. Did a cheap amazon interior mood lighting EL wire install also.

The rest of my mods are go fast goodies but I am always interested in seeing what others do to either improve the creature comforts or appearance mods.

OP
OP
R

Ryan212

Reaction score
13584893 was the auto dim mirror that I used, it should be the stock LT part. Paid $64 on Ebay My 17 LS had all of the wiring for the mirror already, but yes, you can go crazy on adding other options.
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/adding-auto-dim-rearview-mirror-to-my-2017-ls.106335/

Fortunately, automotive wiring is a hobby of mine, so I have already sourced most of the terminals if I want to add functions to my own truck, but the BCM programming and other module compatibility makes a lot of things less plug and play compared to other vehicle platforms.

I will get some pics of the interior and post them up shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts