what are you black truck owners using for swirl marks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard compounding is a solution, but I dunno enough about it to know for sure.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good wax will hide some swirl marks but not heavy ones. And in the right light at the right angle they will always be there unless you use a machine.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first clay bar your truck to remove those little bits and bumps stuck to your paint...if you leave those there what you technically do when you wax, buff or anything is spreading those across the paint. thus, creating more swirl marks, after the clay bar, use some rubing compound. best results is with a DA Buffer or anything electrical is better than by hand. after that use polishing compound and protect it all with a final coat of wax by hand

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What level of perfect are you trying to attain?

You can never have a great finish done by hand

IMO

You need a machine.

A wax that fills in stuff will look great till after the first hard rain

OP
OP

1974chevyglasshouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks I'll have it polished .it looks clean but sometimes when the sun hits it u see swirls
Thanks guys

OP
OP

1974chevyglasshouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Southern california

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

I kno a couple painters that could do it with the super fine compound 3m made for darker vehicles for swirls but I was looking for a quick method

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman