What are/where to get factory Zw7 rear springs (the Nivomat ones)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spliceberry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, it looks like my new-to-me ‘03 Tahoe LT with Zw7 has had the rear shocks changed previously (195k miles) with something that looks too small to be Nivomats. It does seem a bit to be wallowing some in the rear, so I’m assuming it’s still got the weaker nivomat-specific rear springs. I can source some low-mile nivomats for $220, and if I can source some new condition nivomat-compatible springs, I’d like to change them if they are in the $70 price range like the 69 HD and 71 part number Moogs.

Does anyone know what part number is for the rear springs for the Zw7? Is there a moog or other equivalent?

I’d like to tortion key lift the front 2” or so and the rear maybe 1.5-2” but retain the softer ride, so I don’t think I want the Z71/ 69HD moog springs, and the moog 71 springs may not work with nivomats?? Was thinking some newish factory Zw7 ones and coil spacers and the newish nivomats, since I’ve read they may be even better than Bilstein 5100’s.

I wonder if the Nivomats tolerate 1.5-2” of rear lift without shock extensions?, thinking I’ll need the extenders…
Thanks!

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll sell you my Nivomats off my 02 model for $150 plus shipping. They have about 150,000 miles on them and worked perfectly.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So you're looking to change your smooth ride springs for other smooth ride springs? Are you thinking that yours are worn?

These trucks will be squirrely and wallow a bit if the Nivomat shocks are removed and standard shocks installed. I think that's normal. Your springs are probably okay, just go with the right combination of technology. (Nivomat and softer springs; or standard shocks and standard, non-smooth ride, springs.)

OP
OP
S

spliceberry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fless, I was thinking if I could replace my old smooth ride springs with new smooth ride springs for like $70ish, it might be worth it, if these have sagged at all, though I’m not sure if they have…

OP
OP
S

spliceberry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll sell you my Nivomats off my 02 model for $150 plus shipping. They have about 150,000 miles on them and worked perfectly.
Thanks, I’ll think about that, trying to decide if I should go that way or the Bilstein 5100 route.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want the correct part number for OEM springs, post the last 8 digits of your VIN, and @915_Tahoe may be able to provide you with those numbers.

With the mileage on those rear springs, I'd recommend replacing them, if you are going to replace the shocks, as it is a very easy and quick job, once you've got the shocks removed.

When you receive your part number, price shop on RockAuto.com, GMPartsGiant.com, GMPartsDirect.com, or any other reputable GM parts supplier.

Mmiguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you want the correct part number for OEM springs, post the last 8 digits of your VIN, and @915_Tahoe may be able to provide you with those numbers.

With the mileage on those rear springs, I'd recommend replacing them, if you are going to replace the shocks, as it is a very easy and quick job, once you've got the shocks removed.

When you receive your part number, price shop on RockAuto.com, GMPartsGiant.com, GMPartsDirect.com, or any other reputable GM parts supplier.
I would like to determine the correct rear springs for my G65/ZW7 05 Tahoe Non Z71 4WD. Last 8 of the VIN is 5J200115. I believe the correct Nivomats shocks are AC Delco 580-354. Is there a better option for front shocks? My only reference point is the bilstein 4600’s. My 05 has 100k, but I am towing a boat with it and if shocks are cheap I may do those too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz