What’s wrong with my 2015 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mexi12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck is making a ticking noise when I hit the gas under 45 mph. Last night the check engine light came on & when we turned the truck off the fans came on under the hood for about 10 mins.

Anyone have any idea what it is? Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck is making a ticking noise when I hit the gas under 45 mph. Last night the check engine light came on & when we turned the truck off the fans came on under the hood for about 10 mins.

Anyone have any idea what it is? Thanks
I would advise recording a video of said noise, longer than a few seconds.....
while recording pop the hood open and move your phone around the engine bay to capture the noise from various angles
then upload it to youtube and post the link here

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice on the next steps to help us help you from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
M

Mexi12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check engine light came on and code P0128, Hope it’s the reason for the sound and not another problem coming in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo