Whatʻs the next step for more power???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxTooTall

Reaction score
Is that cam only .500 lift? Thats pretty weak :imo:

That's a funny cam card
646-431-13

Specs 212/224 .500 .500 -115 LSA

It's a small non aggressive cam. With that small of lift I'm guessing that they're saying it works with the DOD/AFM lifters . . . . And anything over stock I would swap them out. They already fail with the stock lifters, so swap in the LS7 or better

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That barely more the the stock lift. I have a .607/.614 219/227 112LSA chops REALLY nice and is made for torque for heavy vehicles.

TxTooTall

Reaction score
Yeah… Iʻm not too versed mechanically… So any advice would help!!! Thanks!!! So bigger???

Seeing how you have the newer engines with the 243/799 heads. You can run a bigger cam, but you must do a DOD/AFM delete, before doing anything. Meaning swap out the lifters and a few other parts.

Your current lifters are the weak point of your engine.

OP
OP
babamerino

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what size do you guys suggest??? I was planning on replacing lifters, valve springs and push rods… But I have no idea on which ones to get!!!

TxTooTall

Reaction score
I post about these cam swaps all the time on perforamancetrucks.net if you want part numbers . .

Ls7, or BTR (brian tooley racing) lifters
LS7 lifter trays
4.8 valley cover - get it with the gasket
lunati, PRC, BTR dual valve springs - any of those will work
5/16" 7.4 hardened push rods - Comp, Thunder Racing, Texas Speed . . . again, whatever brand
water pump gaskets felpro or GM
Crank bolt - Stock or ARP
2 gallons of the Dex Cool antifreeze
Head bolts - Stock GM or Felpro
oil, and oil filter
LS7 4x trigger cam gear and bolts
exhaust gaskets, timing cover gasket, header bolts, spark plugs, plug wires - reuse the originals

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Knowing that you live in Hawaii when high RPM driving isn't easily done, that cam would be a good choice.

Sent from a jelly bean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC Burbalade

Latest posts