Wet carpet in the cargo area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Virginiabound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay. I will do.

So this is freon leaking in to my carpet? Will the leak be visible with the cover off?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way this is freon..... freon is a gas at temps.

You are looking for condensation.

From my Walkie Talkie

nastynate

Reaction score
Mine does same thing but no rear ac and i have barn doors. Doesnt seam like much but its damp..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

GA_Boy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine. I have the tailgate and glass top half, I did look at the weather stripping and I think that is my problem. I can see where some area's look worn and when I shut the glass it is very easy to do.

I am looking around now on ebay to see if I can find the weather stripping to try and replace the worn out stuff on mine. Hopefully that will fix the problem. I am also going to check the rear AC section to see if there might be anything going on there.

WhiteWarWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is an access plug at the top of the wheel on each side that rusted out on both of my 4 door models, water would be slung up from the tires into the storage area around the wheel wells in the back, hope this helps.

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My barn doors are leaky too. Every time we get a good rain My cargo area carpet gets wet. I'd be interested in a fix if you get it figured out. Pretty sure it's the door seals though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879