Wet carpet driver side/ rear pillar speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marbor

Reaction score
Good evening all
Just finished installing my double din a 5ch amp and replace all factory speakers. During the process I noticed while running wires the driver floor was soaking wet. I checked passsenger and rear area and all is dry. Any one have this issue?
Also while installing stereo I did the amp bypass and loss all power to factory sub and pillars which I just replaced.
Any suggestions?
01 Yukon xl (sle)

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Check drivers door seals

Windshield - bear in mind it extends below the wiper cowl. A q-tip is useful here as it pulling back trim so you can see

Sunroof drains - You can feel up in the trough around the sunroof. It should be draining water. If it's not, check under the car the drains could be clogged. Alternative is a hose popped loose, leaking, etc

Overhead antennas

Roof rack

Couple ways you can go about leak checking. With pros and cons to both. If you don't find anything definitive with one method, try the other.

1. Turn the heater/ac/whatever on full blast, NOT recirculate. You're just looking to create some positive cabin pressure. Spray all outside seams/seals/etc with soap water. Check for bubbles

2. Pull aside whatever trim you need to on the interior to check stuff, and hose down the outside of the car from all angles with water for 15-20 minutes. Hop in and see where it's leaking from. Better method is to have a friend spray the outside while you maneuver on the interior

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilFresco