Welcome to the modern world Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Lot of people say that IRS is better. It has its place for sure, but the solid rear has been great for these trucks. They still ride better than any of the competition, handle well, tow well. IRS will be the new norm from now on, but I wont knock a solid rear, its tried and true.

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot of people say that IRS is better. It has its place for sure, but the solid rear has been great for these trucks. They still ride better than any of the competition, handle well, tow well. IRS will be the new norm from now on, but I wont knock a solid rear, its tried and true.

except for the new Navigator which drives like a Rolls Royce in comparison

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Wonder how much if any towing capacity will be lost. I think Flatdale had it right, IRS has its place and I don’t think it’s in the back of a full-size truck/suv. Most lighter vehicles can’t take much weight at all in the rear before your sagging and wearing the insides of your tires down. Maybe has some kind of height control?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but 3rd row should be for kids only. Kids up to about 5' should have no problems sitting in the current 3rd row. If 2 adults are sitting back there, its typically for a short distance run and they aren't the primary occupants. So really, their comfort level is a moot point.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the points you're trying to make, but IRS isn't the modern world for the Tahoe whether they're putting it in or not, there's zero problems with solid rear and it truly rides just perfect.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally don't see the fuss over IRS, When I rented my 18 expedition, it never even entered my mind that it was on it because it did not ride any better. In fact I had to drop the rear row as it did not have enough room for what I needed to haul. It did strike me at the time that it was only slightly bigger than a Explorer and the Front end does channel a Yukon.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove an Expedition Max and my 17 Suburban over extremely rough road. The Expedition Max rode much more smoothly than the Suburban. But, on the negative side for the Expedition, the base equipment package is lacking when compared to the Suburban.