Weird XM behavior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this today. Normally I'll switch my radio to 95.5 FM before I turn the truck off so it's ready for me in the morning, but today I was listening to XM26 for most of the day but when I turned the truck off to go into a store when I came back out and restarted it would be on 26 for a split second then switch to XM49.

If I turn the truck off and back on within a couple minutes it would stay on 26, but if I wait long enough it would switch to 49.

Is 49 a significant channel? It seems it will switch to it maybe after it loses the satellite lock?

Just kind of annoying to have to keep resetting the channel when I start the truck (only if I leave it on XM).

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I'll start up my truck and it'll be on channel 1, XM Preview. I don't know why, it might be because it loses signal when I park it in the garage. And sometimes my XM signal will just go blank randomly for about 10 seconds, but it's rare.

OP
OP
snowjay

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, as long as someone elses does strange things too. ;)

OP
OP
snowjay

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I'll start up my truck and it'll be on channel 1, XM Preview. I don't know why, it might be because it loses signal when I park it in the garage. And sometimes my XM signal will just go blank randomly for about 10 seconds, but it's rare.

I found this TSB for 2008s with what you describe.

TECHNICAL

Bulletin No.: 08-08-44-008A

Date: April 25, 2008
Subject:
XM Radio Does Not Retain Station Setting From Previous Key Cycle and Changes To Channel 1, The Preview Channel, at Vehicle Start-up (Replace Digital Radio Receiver Assembly)

Models:
2008 Buick Enclave, Lucerne
2008 Cadillac DTS, Escalade Models, SRX
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Equinox, Impala, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2007-2008 GMC Acadia
2008 GMC Sierra, Yukon Models
2008 Pontiac Torrent
2008 HUMMER H2, H2 SUT
2007-2008 Saturn OUTLOOK
2008 Saturn VUE
2008 Suzuki XL-7

with XM Satellite Radio (RPO U2K)

Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to add the Suzuki XL-7 model. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-08-44-008 (Section 08 - Body & Accessories).

Condition

Some customers may comment that the XM radio does not retain the station setting from the previous key cycle and changes to channel 1 at vehicle start-up. After start-up, the XM radio will be on the preview channel 1.

Cause

A software anomaly in the Digital Radio Receiver Assembly may cause this condition.

Correction

Technicians are to replace the Digital Radio Receiver Assembly with an updated design part. Refer to the Digital Radio Receiver Replacement procedure in SI. Also refer to the Digital Radio Receiver Setup procedure in SI for additional information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r