Weathertech vs Husky Liners Cargo Liner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Husky for the cargo area and am happy with it. You can cut holes so you don't have to remove the third row to install the mat.

(I'm kind of glad I don't have the 2015 onwards for now. At least I can keep the same cargo mat in with the third row seating.)

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought Weathertechs for my 2015 GMC Yukon XL as soon as I brought it home (I believed the hype). Having said that, once I let them "settle" in the sunlight, face down in the driveway for a few hours, to open them up (they're shipped rolled up in boxes) they laid in perfectly flat, conforming to the lines/center console and kick-panel of my truck. My cargo area mat (I opted for the 8 foot, knowing I would keep my third row stowed most of the time) and the mat has provided outstanding protection for the carpeted cargo area. It is slippery, my dog would slide around back there like Ice Skates and as amusing as it was (for both he and I, he seemed to revel in the sliding) it also meant any hard sided cargo also slides like ice. I transport larger pelican cases on a regular basis and they will slide around if not packed properly. The mat itself will also slowly slide back (towards the back door) but it easily pushed forward again. It does protect the carpet and does allow the storage area below to be accessed and will fold up when I need to raise my third row seats (once in the 5 years I've owned it), but all of the points brought up previously are true. Outside of a rubber cargo mat (which would be pretty heavy) and some "adjusting" I don't know of another commercially-readily available product. Maybe a plastic mat, sprayed with flexi-coat or some other flexible silicone materials? (creating a surface that wasn't slippery). I would imagine some of the guys on this site have come up with some pretty ingenious solutions to this, I recall seeing a custom built cargo box sometime ago, but I don't where they thread is.
I bought a canvas type waterproof liner for my wife's Forerunner, which hooked onto the headrests of the front seat, covering the entire cargo area. That over a plastic liner may be the solution to the protection/easy removal, but it's not the simplest option.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine have been in for a year and look just as good as when they went in.

The cargo liner is a little flimsy though and the sides fold in a bit. Doesn't look great but does the job. It probably should have just been a flat piece with no sides.

tboyes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any experiences that would guide to the better product for a Tahoe cargo area liner?

Since I have a 3rd row that I may use, I needed something that would move with the seat. I bought one from canvasback.com that I love. It velcro's right to the carpet and can be wiped down. It also has the cutout for the storage bin

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I have a 3rd row that I may use, I needed something that would move with the seat. I bought one from canvasback.com that I love. It velcro's right to the carpet and can be wiped down. It also has the cutout for the storage bin
I’ve had WeatherTech’s front, mid and cargo in my 2005 Z71 since purchased new. I would not buy them again and did not put them in my 2019 Z71. They curl badly and cannot be made to lie flat again once they curl. I’ve tried heat gun, sun and weights without success. The curling of the front mats always returns. The cargo mat has held up well but is fairly lightweight and the lip around the mat curls.

If I were to buy some, I would look at the Husky’s.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Weathertech cargo liner in the Tahoe and it Is thin as someone noted. I used a box knife on something in the back and it wasily sliced through the liner. Mine is screwed to the deck so it does not move and I had to cut the edges off where turned up because they interfered with using the rear opening and all the turned up edges were wavy due to the thinness of the material. I started the thread to see if there was something better.

That being said, Weathertech seems to have changed the design through the years. I had floor liners in a 2010 Subaru that were much thicker than the replacements bought 5 years later for a 2015 Subaru. The new ones are functional but are pretty thin. I was much more impressed with the older, thicker set. How much money could they be saving by saving a couple handfuls of plastic pellets?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the cargo area of your GMC?
sorry I missed the cargo portion in the title, I was referring to the footwell liners, I have the oem GMC liner in the back that thing works great, non-slip surface and if you spill a liquid the little grooves catch it and keep it from getting in the carpet as long as it is not a excessive amount of liquid, I have spilled maybe a quart of milk on it and it stayed in the liner grooves could have held maybe 1/2 gallon (guestimate)

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry I missed the cargo portion in the title, I was referring to the footwell liners, I have the oem GMC liner in the back that thing works great, non-slip surface and if you spill a liquid the little grooves catch it and keep it from getting in the carpet as long as it is not a excessive amount of liquid, I have spilled maybe a quart of milk on it and it stayed in the liner grooves could have held maybe 1/2 gallon (guestimate)

I wonder who makes them. What does the imprint pattern look like?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63