WeatherTech Floor Mat Issues....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MelloYello95

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DejaVu! We (I) went over this a few months back on a separate thread. If you just bought them take them back to the store in which you bought them. If not contact the manufacturer straightaway and explain the problem. If their solutions don't work then ask for a refund. I have found that the problems come from the way they are boxed, stored & shipped. They product lays in an incorrect way and over time the product attains that misshaped shape. It's hard to get out, but not impossible. I used a heat gun with some well placed velcro tape to get them to keep their shape which eventually they do. But if they are new then by all means take them back. They should lay flat as advertised with no adjusts minor or otherwise. Aloha!!

I don't believe that is the issue with our 2nd row. It arrived fine and it initially laid flat in the rear. It is made too wide for the rear. When both rear doors shut, the mat does not lay under the rear door panel trim. It gets pushed up on both sides. So we can can get it to lay flat but as soon as you close both doors, the door panels push the mat edges up again. Its a terrible fit.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that is the issue with our 2nd row. It arrived fine and it initially laid flat in the rear. It is made too wide for the rear. When both rear doors shut, the mat does not lay under the rear door panel trim. It gets pushed up on both sides. So we can can get it to lay flat but as soon as you close both doors, the door panels push the mat edges up again. Its a terrible fit.
Are you sure you got the right mat for your vehicle? When I got mine I was specifically asked for the make/model/type of Yukon and to make sure the WeatherTech Rep asked me if I had a transmission hump running down the small length of the back flooring. Seems the Yukon SLE model doesn't have the hump, but other models do. So since mine didn't have the "Hump" he knew I had the right mat for my vehicle. The mats are laser measured and cut for each individual model of vehicle, so it's possible that you got, for whatever reason, the wrong mat for your vehicle. Get the ID tag off the drivers door, call them and reconfirm that you have the correct mat. I love mine and I know they are not everyone's cup of tea, but they are a quality product and they want to make sure that you have purchased the correct mat for your vehicle. Hope that helps. Aloha!

P.S. They also give tips on installing some of the more oddly shaped mats.

OP
OP
MelloYello95

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you got the right mat for your vehicle? When I got mine I was specifically asked for the make/model/type of Yukon and to make sure the WeatherTech Rep asked me if I had a transmission hump running down the small length of the back flooring. Seems the Yukon SLE model doesn't have the hump, but other models do. So since mine didn't have the "Hump" he knew I had the right mat for my vehicle. The mats are laser measured and cut for each individual model of vehicle, so it's possible that you got, for whatever reason, the wrong mat for your vehicle. Get the ID tag off the drivers door, call them and reconfirm that you have the correct mat. I love mine and I know they are not everyone's cup of tea, but they are a quality product and they want to make sure that you have purchased the correct mat for your vehicle. Hope that helps. Aloha!

P.S. They also give tips on installing some of the more oddly shaped mats.

There are only so many ways to order and place a floor mat in a vehicle.

The floor pans are the same for all models of the Yukon for 2021. With this being a new model year, the design is not perfect. The part number on the bottom of the mat has already been verified with WT. We had WT mats on our 11' and 03', and the design was great. Unfortunately, the design for 2021 is not as great. Thanks for your post, always wanted to visit Hawaii. Aloha! :)

MarkUps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
guess ill stay away from Weathertech for my new Tahoe, i wish i could find the MAXpider mats. might end up going Husky

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had weather tech. After the curling and multiple attempts to correct the issue, I went with Husky. Worlds better.

dbrunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just got our 2022 Tahoe, ordered the Chevy liners when we picked it up 3 weeks ago, and were told that the liners were in stock. Now we're being told, they've been back ordered. We've used WeatherTech for years, and love them. Recently a lot of the reviews are not good for the 2021s/22s.

Which liners would you suggest going with?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our weathertech 2nd row are all curled up too. Fronts are great, cargo area is great, 2nd row is terrible and I never see the 3rd row so can't comment on them. If been thinking about hitting the 2nd row with a heatgun to see if that would make the edges lay flat

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Husky all the way! Great customer interaction too.

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 yukon weathertech floor mats did that. That will never get better. I have the GMC floor liners for rows 1-3 on my 2022 and they fit and look amazing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shawn7253