WeatherTech Floor Mat Issues....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4745B74C-C045-4B14-B668-472ED50B472B.jpeg

Anyone else having issues with their second row WeatherTech mat? Ours seems almost too wide for the rear. When the rear doors close, they push the mat up. Now the mat is curled up on the ends and it trips up the rear passengers. It’s also rubbing on the rear doors near the speaker.

Last edited:

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the main reason why I won't use WT for floor mats. Their rigid plastics won't lay down and if you start to catch edges, it gets worse. I've had them once, but not again... You want something like Husky's.... a true rubber mat that lays down and conforms. Personally I'm going to stick with GM heavy carpet mats for row 1 & 2 and a Husky X Act for the 3rd row. I still haven't decided what's best for the cargo area, we plan on leaving the 3rd Row up 90% of the time and don't like the squirrelly GM flat cargo area mats. May wait till husky come out with cargo mat as what you need is a heavy rubber mat that lays down and won't let contents slide around like WT.....

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a heat gun and then throw some weight where its curling while it cools should help it lay back down.

txchevy4ever

Reaction score
View attachment 278592

Anyone else having issues with their second row WeatherTech mat? Ours seems almost too wide for the rear. When the rear doors close, they push the mat up. Now the mat is curled up on the ends and it trips up the rear passengers. It’s also rubbing on the rear doors near the speaker.
The GM liners fit like a glove.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh- you know, I have that exact same issue!
View attachment 278592

Bob Berkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Following this thread to share my experience and see what others come up with...21 Yukon SLT with captain chairs. Initially got the GM floor mats throughout.

GM Fronts and 2nd row are great.

3rd row GM don’t fit and multiple pieces that constantly break apart. I got the WT 3rd row - a single piece that seems to be better and lines up fine with the GM 2nd row through the captains chairs.

Cargo area is my biggest issue. I’m ditching the GM mats that attached by Velcro to the back of the 3rd row seat. Didn’t stay attached despite adding Velcro. And “tails” that extended down caused more mat slippage. I ended up ordering PrecisionFit Neoprene seat covers - just for 3rd row. Figure it will protect seat fronts from kids and back of seats from the dog. Not a cheap solution though.

The GM cargo mat was awful, slipped all over. WT is a better fit but also slides. I would like something more ‘rubbery’. Maybe the Husky mats suggested above?

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DejaVu! We (I) went over this a few months back on a separate thread. If you just bought them take them back to the store in which you bought them. If not contact the manufacturer straightaway and explain the problem. If their solutions don't work then ask for a refund. I have found that the problems come from the way they are boxed, stored & shipped. They product lays in an incorrect way and over time the product attains that misshaped shape. It's hard to get out, but not impossible. I used a heat gun with some well placed velcro tape to get them to keep their shape which eventually they do. But if they are new then by all means take them back. They should lay flat as advertised with no adjusts minor or otherwise. Aloha!!

OP
OP
MelloYello95

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following this thread to share my experience and see what others come up with...21 Yukon SLT with captain chairs. Initially got the GM floor mats throughout.

GM Fronts and 2nd row are great.

3rd row GM don’t fit and multiple pieces that constantly break apart. I got the WT 3rd row - a single piece that seems to be better and lines up fine with the GM 2nd row through the captains chairs.

Cargo area is my biggest issue. I’m ditching the GM mats that attached by Velcro to the back of the 3rd row seat. Didn’t stay attached despite adding Velcro. And “tails” that extended down caused more mat slippage. I ended up ordering PrecisionFit Neoprene seat covers - just for 3rd row. Figure it will protect seat fronts from kids and back of seats from the dog. Not a cheap solution though.

The GM cargo mat was awful, slipped all over. WT is a better fit but also slides. I would like something more ‘rubbery’. Maybe the Husky mats suggested above?

Hard to justify the cost of these mats when they are terrible at best. I haven’t tried any of the GM mats yet, but the second row has to better than WT. Our second row WT is getting worse. They need a design change. Our WT cargo mat has been ok. It slides around, mainly slides back towards the lift gate. Not impressed with it either. Maybe I should have ordered Husky. 2EDB385A-8687-40F9-8300-F91AC3B5EE52.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts