We are now tuning 2018 GM vehicles!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Care to share the HP & TQ numbers before and after your tune on a 2018 5.3 engine set for 87 octane??

Thirdcoast
Hello Thirdcoast, of course we can share that information. We strive to unlock every bit of available power from your engine. This typically results in a 10-25hp, 10-20ft-lbs and 1mpg improvement along with improved shift patterns and throttle response, all depending on fuel quality, octane and vehicle condition prior to the tune.

Also as a side note, 87 octane is not recommended under any circumstances, as it provides less power and worse fuel economy than 89 octane, even with the factory tuning. GM has designed that engine in such a way that a minimum of 89 octane and above is needed for best mileage and power output

Another side note, the shift pattern improvement will depend on if you have a 6 speed or 8 speed.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BBP,

Thanks for the response and the info as I did not know that the stock engine really needed 89 as a minimum octane.. I run 93 in my 6.2, but have run 87 in my 5.3 engines.. I will switch to 89 after your advice..

I am getting my 18 Tahoe sometime in Jan and will put some miles on it prior to having it tuned. by then, you should have a 2018 schedule out.. San Antonio or Houston for me as I live south of both..

Thanks for your help,

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year,

Thirdcoast

OP
OP
BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BBP,

Thanks for the response and the info as I did not know that the stock engine really needed 89 as a minimum octane.. I run 93 in my 6.2, but have run 87 in my 5.3 engines.. I will switch to 89 after your advice..

I am getting my 18 Tahoe sometime in Jan and will put some miles on it prior to having it tuned. by then, you should have a 2018 schedule out.. San Antonio or Houston for me as I live south of both..

Thanks for your help,

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year,

Thirdcoast
Sounds good, just a quick note 2017+ models cannot be tuned off-site due to an unpredictable length of time needed to gain access to the ECM. Tuning would be done via our AutoCal. Let us know if you have any other questions. Happy New Year.

Mr CFP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
BBP, what do you mean when you say Autocal in the post. I’m in central IN, I’m guessing that means your service may not be available for my 2018 Yuk Denali?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
BBP, what do you mean when you say Autocal in the post. I’m in central IN, I’m guessing that means your service may not be available for my 2018 Yuk Denali?

The Autocal is the truck/computer interface device that you use to log data and load your tune files.

OP
OP
BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Michael, we should be able to tune your 2018 with our AutoCal. For the 2018 models we ask that you email us your VIN, [email protected], just to verify we can tune it.

Here is a little more information on how the AutoCal will work.

Using the AutoCal, all tuning would be completed by email. You would collect data from the vehicle while driving around and would provide that along with your OEM tune files and a list of modifications and desired tune changes. We would then create your modified, custom tune files and would send them back to you, by email, to be installed. The hardware is yours to keep and you would be able to use it to return the vehicle to stock as needed as well as receive and install tune updates when needed. Details and ordering can be found at http://store.blackbearperformance.com/EFILive-AutoCal-Tuning-System_p_8.html

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you all tune a 2018 CTS with the 3.0TT? The 8 speed transmission could use some better shifting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972