WDT Plastidip LOVE - Plastidip Pearlizer - MUST SEE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
baggedlvintegra

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found a deal on a platinum/premium hood trim piece (was Silver but only $50 on eBay) so I dipped it today as well as the grille emblem. I've always preferred the color matched emblems versus the standard black emblem. Turned out great, probably my best "dip" yet.

before
20121122_115518.jpg

after
NewHoodTrim.jpg

Kizmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow! I'll be doing this to my chevy emblems soon. I want them to match the factory white diamond paint of the car. Just so I understand, is this the way to do it?

1. wet sand the existing emblem, 2000 grit
2. spray 1 coat white and let dry 15 minutes
3. spray 3 coats pearlizer, letting them dry in between coats
4. spray 2 coats clear sealant, letting it dry between coats
5. sand again, 2000 grit

?

Hemmissey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, it looks like a perfect match, but it's not. I did some pieces and later took them off. Looks dead on in the sun, but looks way off under overcast. I didn't sand nothing down, I sparked the matte white, then pearlizer and I even odd multiple coats, and topped it off with multiple coats of glossifier...

Kizmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am about to do the emblems right now... BUT... how do I remove the rear one????

Can anyone help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10