Ways to make the steering wheel more secure? Has a tiny hair of play like it needs to be tightened.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you can tighten it by removing the airbag. But I am scared to touch mine cause there’s a recall for exploding air bag and sending shrapnel everywhere. Any other ways to tighten it?

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then I can tighten it? Will it stop that play in the wheel? Other ways to secure it more?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends where the play is. More than likely its further down the line if it's left/right play. The steering wheel is splined on. Up/down could be the wheel or the column. Elaborate on what you are experiencing please.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends where the play is. More than likely it’s further down the line if it's left/right play. The steering wheel is splined on. Up/down could be the wheel or the column. Elaborate on what you are experiencing please.
Just wobbles a tiny bit left to right. And I can feel it when turning left to right too.

Or if going over some bumps.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has developed a probably 1-2mm play in it, feels like it is the steering wheel I only feel it depending on what I am doing, I have a new steering wheel to put on which is the last stock of new ones that was available out there 2-3 years ago but just haven't pulled the old one off yet I was able to glue the wood trim back on with gorilla glue and it's holding up fine just showing a little age.
you can always just try tightening it up and see what happens, let us know if it fixes the problem

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has developed a probably 1-2mm play in it, feels like it is the steering wheel I only feel it depending on what I am doing, I have a new steering wheel to put on which is the last stock of new ones that was available out there 2-3 years ago but just haven't pulled the old one off yet I was able to glue the wood trim back on with gorilla glue and it's holding up fine just showing a little age.
you can always just try tightening it up and see what happens, let us know if it fixes the problem
Tighten that nut when you remove the airbag and what’s that other thing, the clock piece or Whatever.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might just go out and mess with mine later today and see if I can tighten mine up I have to replace a axle vent tube anyway may as well do both

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop

Latest posts