Water Leaking Into Cargo Bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hiwaycruzer

Reaction score
Hello fellow Tahoe/Yukon owners. I hope someone has experienced the problem I'm having and can point me in the right direction. During a heavy rain, my '96 Tahoe (4x4 4-door with barn doors) has water leaking into the right rear cargo area, getting the carpet and padding wet. I pulled the cover from the tool/jack compartment and found a pool of water and rusted sheet metal directly below the jack mount. I was wondering if there is a known concern with the rear side window gaskets leaking. The rubber seals around the barn doors look OK as do the seals under the roof rack mounts. Before I make an appointment with the Glass Doctor or a body shop, I'd greatly appreciate any information regarding this issue. Thank you all!

99graytahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i had the same problem with my 99 tahoe. i replaced the weather stripping around the barn doors and it has stopped ever since.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 1997 4 door with barn doors that had the same issue.
My leak came from the right rear side glass.
Had the glass removed and resealed for about 30.00 at a glass shop.

If you still have the pad and carpet up along with the tool cover off, it's easy enough to direct a hose on the side glass(avoiding the top of the barn doors) and confirm where your leak comes from.
Tbruz.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hiwaycruzer

Reaction score
Thanks Tbruz, makes sense to me. Guess I'll go ahead and set up an appointment with the glass shop first...

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Thanks for the input SunlitComet!

mrtahoe42

Reaction score
Thanks Tbruz, makes sense to me. Guess I'll go ahead and set up an appointment with the glass shop first...

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Thanks for the input SunlitComet!
did that fix it

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
did that fix it
I had a leak along my brand new headliner in the left rear corner. Replaced the gasket along my barn doors. Resealed my 3rd taillight. Removed the roof rack. Had the left rear quarter glass (yes, that big ass one). Found a pinch weld that had come apart on the window channel that faced out and needed to be resealed. That solved it.

mrtahoe42

Reaction score
I had a leak along my brand new headliner in the left rear corner. Replaced the gasket along my barn doors. Resealed my 3rd taillight. Removed the roof rack. Had the left rear quarter glass (yes, that big ass one). Found a pinch weld that had come apart on the window channel that faced out and needed to be resealed. That solved it.
thank you for the info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645