Washer fluid tank leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a leak in my washer fluid in tank and i cant figure out how to get the darn thing out any body got some suggestions for me and were i can buy a new one to replace it?

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's just my lucky day. Everyone is posting up their problems, and they just so happen to be the same as mine!

Thanks for all the help for guys like me who are kind of mechanically retarded.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a leak in my washer fluid in tank and i cant figure out how to get the darn thing out any body got some suggestions for me and were i can buy a new one to replace it?

Good question. Mine has had a leak for years. If I fill it too much it leaks out.
I would like to know the same info.

vehicle year and model please.

I'm thinking its a new 97-99 model, they are located up front under what is beleived to be the second battery tray.

I guess it's just my lucky day. Everyone is posting up their problems, and they just so happen to be the same as mine!

Thanks for all the help for guys like me who are kind of mechanically retarded.

Hah, this is a great site. One problem, noone has answered the question yet, hah.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Here are some basic instruction for 99.
REMOVAL PROCEDURE

Remove the auxiliary battery and battery tray, if equipped.
Remove the two bolts.
Disconnect the hose(s) from the washer pump(s).
Disconnect the electrical connector(s) from the washer pump(s).
Remove the washer solvent container from the vehicle.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

Install the washer solvent container on the vehicle.
Connect the electrical connector(s) to the washer pump(s).
Connect the hose(s) to the washer pump(s).

NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Install the two bolts.

Tighten
Tighten the two bolts to 6 N.m (53 lb in) .

Install the auxiliary battery and battery tray, if equipped.

OP
OP
TheBigler

TheBigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thx for the help i'm gunna give this a try this weekend when i get the time you know were i can see any pictures or another forum to look at if i get stuck trying to fix it?

robertdgrant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wifes 2007 Equinox washer fluid started leaking, Noticed the driver and passenger floors were wet with fluid, Service found the hose in floorboard broken -- they replaced it and no more leak,

jsmith14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Really the best factor to do is to replace it. Make sure it is clean and dry the use plain old silicone and forget it the hole/crack will be completly sealed and repaired as soon as the silicone drys. Just make sure you have it squeezed / pressed into the opening. here are some guide you can use on how to replace a washer tank.

Last edited:

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a leak on mine and it ended up being the pump that attaches to the bottom of the tank would leak, picked one up threw it on and haven't had any problems since

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman