WARRANTY HACK - it works! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So 2 different scenarios:

1) Went to local Chevy dealer for warranty work on my 2017 Tahoe
-long wait time
-crappy waiting room, sh**y coffee that from a paid vending machine, old newspapers strewn about, tiny TVs with local news , set to "inaudible" volume.
-Soooo dirty I literally felt like I needed a shower after spending 3 hours , then being told my in-warranty wiper washer fluid issues were somehow $120 bucks , and no call back for 3 weeks.

2)Went to Buick/GMC dealer(after Chevy never called me back after 3 weeks)
-short wait time
-free soft serve ice cream, snacks, coffee, and 60 inch TVs in waiting room
-nice leather sofas, clean, tons of Motor Trend, etc magazines, clean and neat
-in and out in 90 minutes, everything fixed zero charge, even got an oil change early because the place was so DAMN NICE!

Point is, you (as others have mentioned here previously) can take your GM vehicle to ANY GM dealer, go to Buick/GMC or Cadillac, no reason whatsoever to go where the service is substandard.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first dealer's service was poor specifically because it was a Chevy dealer? Seriously?

joe

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think a Cadillac dealer would readily work on a Tahoe/Suburban?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think a Cadillac dealer would readily work on a Tahoe/Suburban?

Yep, I bet they even take Fords. They will take any vehicle. Now they won't work on warranty stuff on a Ford, but any other service, they will.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the dealers nearby has a Chevrolet lot and a Cadillac lot and out back they share the same shops and mechanics. Cadillac serviced my Pontiac and guess what we got to drive while it was having its transmission fixed? You guessed it, a Cadillac! Not only that, they always washed and vacuumed the car and even took my wife to work and picked her up on other occasions.

I follow the service writer around because he is a straight shooter, so last time I went to the Chevy side, no complaints, just not as nice as the Cadillac side. I hear he's back on the Cadillac side so in the spring that's where I'm going to let them fix my shark fin or coax cables.

Oh, the Pontiac was under warranty back then. Anyone on the Treasure Coast looking for a good dealership, Wallace Cadillac or Wallace Chevrolet in Stuart, Florida.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the dealers nearby has a Chevrolet lot and a Cadillac lot and out back they share the same shops and mechanics. Cadillac serviced my Pontiac and guess what we got to drive while it was having its transmission fixed? You guessed it, a Cadillac! Not only that, they always washed and vacuumed the car and even took my wife to work and picked her up on other occasions.

I follow the service writer around because he is a straight shooter, so last time I went to the Chevy side, no complaints, just not as nice as the Cadillac side. I hear he's back on the Cadillac side so in the spring that's where I'm going to let them fix my shark fin or coax cables.

Oh, the Pontiac was under warranty back then. Anyone on the Treasure Coast looking for a good dealership, Wallace Cadillac or Wallace Chevrolet in Stuart, Florida.

Very interesting. What about any cost difference? Does Cadillac charge the same prices as Chevy for the same parts? And what about for their labor? I always assumed Cadillac would charge more.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****** coffee aside, much like everything else in life, relationships matter. It takes a while to find a good dealer, but my local Buick GMC gets 5 stars from me every time. Never seen their waiting room because a loaner car awaits me every time, regardless the job. (No,not oil changes, I do those myself)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. What about any cost difference? Does Cadillac charge the same prices as Chevy for the same parts? And what about for their labor? I always assumed Cadillac would charge more.

I thought about that but never bothered to ask. All the work on the Pontiac was under warranty, the truck's transmission service was done on Chevy's side, ohh, and yes, they were the same price now that I think about it. Coupons are similar but not always the same. I'll have to check labor rates again next time around.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you would generally be more likely to get better cleaner faster service at a gm luxury model lot like Cadillac and such but not 100%. big point is never stop at 1 stealership some care about just making the sales some care about keeping you coming back to them. everyone probably shops around before they buy a vehicle its also possible to shop around for service with dealerships.

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
My local Chevy dealer's waiting area and amenities are far better than my local Cadillac dealer's. I won't use the local GMC dealer because their sales staff are idiots and after a poor sales experience attempt with them I told them I'd never be back.

shelton_yukon17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^^^Same experience here. My closer Cadillac/Buick dealer is horrible. 2017 Denali no loaner for a 3 day job, denies 3 out of 4 warranty issues poor customer service, went to a Chevy dealer 45 mins. Away because they could get me in next day for an antenna water leak (local dealer told me three weeks) fixed all my warranty concerns eagerly and gave me a loaner. It’s not what they sell it’s how they build their business on treating people.