want to upgrade looks to tahoe sport...help me out guys!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been trying to search but i cant find any info. i have a 99 base model/work truck style tahoe 2 door. i want to change to the 2-tone style but i cant find a paint code for the bottom color that was OE on the tahoe sport. anyone have it? what all would i need to accomplish this? i'm thinking front and rear bumpers, grill surround, fender flares, and painting the lower half. is there a place i can purchase replacement flares/bumpers/grill so i can save some effort and then get the body paint matched or is there an easier way?
thanks everyone

Jackalope

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to do this to my 95, as well.

I was considering just painting the grill/bumpers (maybe replacing bumpers, as I don't know how long paint would last with chipping and bugs), and getting a vinyl wrap in matte black for the sides.

The vinyl wrap should come out cheaper, and it'll be easier to replace. Not to mention it's removable if I ever want to change back.

for flares, I'm probably just going to go with the bushwacker extend-a-flare. I'm not sure how wide the sport ones are, but if spending the money on flares, why not get the most coverage you *might* need?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i wouldnt use the vinyl wrap, just my opinion..

and i would rather paint the stock bumpers unless they are full of rust, just alot easier.

i can get you the lower code in a couple hours, ill go to school and look it up.. i have a red and black sport bowtie if you want it.

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
When i get home this evening I'll post the bottom code for you if you dont have it yet.

OP
OP

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to do this to my 95, as well.

I was considering just painting the grill/bumpers (maybe replacing bumpers, as I don't know how long paint would last with chipping and bugs), and getting a vinyl wrap in matte black for the sides.

The vinyl wrap should come out cheaper, and it'll be easier to replace. Not to mention it's removable if I ever want to change back.

for flares, I'm probably just going to go with the bushwacker extend-a-flare. I'm not sure how wide the sport ones are, but if spending the money on flares, why not get the most coverage you *might* need?

i'm also worried about painting the bumpers. i'm not sure what the differences are between the sport and chrome bumpers so i thought it would be easier to find a set of those if possible...same with the grill.
i also was considering vinyl but my concern there was that it wouldnt match the bumpers and grill.

AtomicHoe094, TIM Z no rush guys. i want to get all my ideas planned out before i start buying anything.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
yea well scratch that, the computer needs the code, i can look up the lower exterior color of the tu tone, but theres tons of colors for em.. sorry guy

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Love them Sport's. TIM Z has the absolute best example of one.

OP
OP

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i agree. i love the two tone and as soon as i can find out what the paint code is for that dark color my white 99 is getting the treatment. would be nice to find a grill, bumpers, and fender flares that i dont need to paint though!

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score

Thanks Coffee! appreciate it. Took some fluffing and buffing and a lil fresh paint but im happy with it for a daily driver.

Yours is damn clean and sweet too BTW!! Rare to see that colour around, i like it.

Sorry for late reply, had a "late" night last night LOL!

Hope this is the right code here.

WA- L6270 ( Lower) U9260 ( upper).

smrr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just joined and i got a white sport
crappy pics from seller. haven't snapped my own yet. just got it.
fronthoe.jpg
fredstahoe001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10